Author Topic: cant add new server on irc  (Read 5263 times)

Offline sqrxz

cant add new server on irc
« on: 14 06 2014, 21:22:08 »
hey. So the irc plugin as far as I know doesnt support adding new servers to the serverlist in the program's gui.

I read a solution which suggested adding a .txt file with all the servers currently in the list, and suggested adding the new server at the end of the list. I tried this but the program ereased that list as soon as it booted and did not add the server.

I need to add this server it's practically the only reason I add the irc plugin and I'll probably have to use another IM app if I cant add it...I really dont want to do that and have to migrate everything =/

Offline Wishmaster

Re: cant add new server on irc
« Reply #1 on: 14 06 2014, 21:26:48 »
hey. So the irc plugin as far as I know doesnt support adding new servers to the serverlist in the program's gui.
No, it does. Options->Network->IRC, Green Plus sign. Enter server data there.

Offline sqrxz

« Reply #2 on: 14 06 2014, 22:42:06 »
you sir, are absolutely right  ;D now I feel like a proper moron :p must've stumbled into Miranda IM help topics when I looked for help

thanks for the prompt response. say is there some kind of irc chat where I might solve other dumb questions like this without cluttering the forums?
« Last Edit: 14 06 2014, 22:45:31 by sqrxz »

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 15 06 2014, 09:58:47 »
We don't have an IRC room, only a jabber channel where you can ask (see homepage).

Btw that feature existed even in Miranda IM. :P

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #4 on: 30 06 2014, 09:27:20 »
This reply comes 15 days too late, but yes - you can come to #miranda on FreeNode.