Author Topic: How to reset UI customization settings  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Drekin

How to reset UI customization settings
« on: 07 06 2014, 12:42:43 »
Hello, I'm trying to update my older Miranda client (Miranda IM 0.9.28) to the newest Miranda NG version. The problem is that my old profile data file is full of outdated configuration settings and Miranda NG with default skin looks weird with that old config. I'd like to reset all UI customization related settings while keeping all the essential stuff – account settings, contact list structure settings and messages history.

I have tried to import the stuff from old profile to new profile, but only contact list groups were imported and all contacts were skipped with no explanation. So is there an easy way to do this? If not, is there some application for manipulation or at least exporting all the data stored in profile data file? (DBEditor plugin shows just config whereas History++ shows just history and only per contact.)

Thank you for help.

Offline Drekin

Re: How to reset UI customization settings
« Reply #1 on: 30 07 2014, 09:17:11 »
Really nothing? Even not a hint how can one fully manipulate with profile database file? Or am I asking at wrong place? Can you tell me where to ask?

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #2 on: 30 07 2014, 09:20:22 »
You can use UserInfoEx to import/export history in a new profile.

Offline watcher

« Reply #3 on: 30 07 2014, 10:12:18 »
Really nothing? Even not a hint how can one fully manipulate with profile database file? Or am I asking at wrong place? Can you tell me where to ask?

Create new profile, import history, there is no easy way to do ehat you wish for,
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

Re:How to reset UI customization settings
« Reply #4 on: 30 07 2014, 14:40:02 »
Drekin, also you can start your Miranda in "service mode - with Dbeditor" (you'll see that option in Profile manager) and then delete any settings you want. After next start default values (instead of deleted ones) will be used. Just don't erase anything that is related to accounts, etc. Of course make a backup first.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.