Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 370244 times)

Offline riki

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #915 on: 19 05 2021, 14:31:30 »
I've been blocked so many times, I'm afraid of using Miranda for FB at the moment.
Maybe different version numbers, @zxcv74 and @ghazan?

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #916 on: 19 05 2021, 14:44:30 »
The last time I got blocked was right after I was testing a new miranda profile with facebook. I mean, it didn't got blocked for a few months, then it suddenly happened right after I tried to connect with a new profile (but in the same account). Hence it's perhaps a matter of tokens / new "android devices" detected by the website, or something? Just speculating...

Offline zxcv74

Odp: Facebook protocol
« Reply #917 on: 19 05 2021, 17:03:56 »
Well then it seems to be pretty random and on fb's algorithm mercy :c

Offline ghazan

« Reply #918 on: 19 05 2021, 17:14:36 »
Not random, in fact. In my opinion, it happens in moments when the main FB site is overloaded or isn't functioning normally. In this case your credentials could not be verified, and it makes them very "suspicious" from the FB point of view. And always after first start, yes

Offline riki

« Reply #919 on: 19 05 2021, 17:53:19 »
Aha nice one @ghazan, you are on to something!

I didn't realize it at the time, but I remember indeed that FB's "suspicious activity" always got triggered after I restarted Miranda - or the whole system (Miranda was launched at start and, crashes apart, I kept it running permanently).

My guess: @zxcv74, did you restart your system or Miranda soon before the FB block?

What's left to understand is: why do the credentials from Miranda "smell alien"? This problem never occurs with the browser.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #920 on: 19 05 2021, 17:56:15 »
What's left to understand is: why do the credentials from Miranda "smell alien"? This problem never occurs with the browser.
Nobody knows... that is the main secret  :) Something in the browser's version?

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #921 on: 23 05 2021, 00:50:28 »
I've been blocked so many times, I'm afraid of using Miranda for FB at the moment.
Maybe different version numbers, @zxcv74 and @ghazan?
The last time I got blocked was right after I was testing a new miranda profile with facebook. I mean, it didn't got blocked for a few months, then it suddenly happened right after I tried to connect with a new profile (but in the same account). Hence it's perhaps a matter of tokens / new "android devices" detected by the website, or something? Just speculating...
zxcv74,
as for me, it was locked once, and works flawlessly months after

I already mentioned same problem to Miranda NG team but they seems they not able to fix it right now cause they not have a programmer for it ,
it's not a point of new account
it happened also with so old account
if you used Fb in Miranda , Facebook think that you put your password in a wrong place , so i think Facebook identity some wrong request comes from Miranda or may be cause the the web agent that written in Miranda , if you used Miranda , it appear for facebook as android machine , while you open it in Web , so it's forbidden and nonsense for Facebook to use same account in 2 different machine at same moment ,
or my 3d suggestion is to re-building Facebook plugin again from zero using the old HTML again with right new requests and right web agent so it can identity to Facebook as a chroum or Firefox elc elc and in this case Facebook will appear opened in same one machine and not from 2 machines
« Last Edit: 23 05 2021, 00:54:27 by Kimoo »

Offline KentKareless

« Reply #922 on: 23 05 2021, 09:02:59 »
I did have the exact same problem some time ago (and even lost my old FB account because of it because i could not recover it any more) but it has not happened to me after the MQTT rewrite.
Are you 100% sure that you are using the newest version of the Miranda FB protocol plugin?

Offline Ali Savas

« Reply #923 on: 23 05 2021, 09:17:38 »
For the sake of completeness, I will write down again here what I already wrote in Issue #2894.

Since a few days I have the problem that I can not use Miranda NG with my Facebook account. I did not have this problem until about two years ago. This problem seemed to have been solved. However, some friends of mine reported that they still can't log in without Facebook blocking their account. As I said, I was unable to reproduce this until now.

On 5/18/2021 I was traveling by train and wanted to use Miranda NG with my notebook as well. So far Miranda NG was only installed on my PC at work and on my home computer.

After installing Miranda NG on my notebook, entering my account details and logging into Facebook with Miranda NG, after a few minutes my Facebook account was blocked. So I logged into facebook with a browser, confirmed my identity and inevitably changed my Facebook password. After that, my account was unlocked again. Since I didn't want my account to be blocked again, I didn't try logging into facebook again using my notebook and Miranda NG.

When I got back home last night, I logged into Facebook with my Miranda NG on my home computer after entering the new password, which I had to change before. Again, at first it seemed like there would be no problems,. However, after about a minute or two, my Facebook account was blocked again and I had to unlock it exactly as described above.

I then tried to log into Facebook again with Miranda. This time Miranda NG was immediately blocked by Facebook, without Miranda NG having a chance to even be online for a second. However, my account was not blocked, but I had to confirm my identity and change my password. I tried again after that, but always with the same result. Every time I logged into Facebook with Miranda NG before, I got the message "Login confirmation required" and had to change my password every time.

Since my login attempts kept failing, I enabled two-factor authentication on Facebook and set an app password. I then entered the credentials on Miranda NG and tried to log in to Facebook. Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick either. I had to reconfirm my identity and change my password again, even if it was just an app password. Please do not confuse, my account was not blocked, I am just asked to confirm my identity and change my password. Sometimes you get lucky and you don't have to change your password.

Out of desperation I tried to enter my normal credentials despite the two factor authentication being enabled and try again. I get an SMS where I am supposed to enter a code. Since Miranda NG doesn't support this type of authentication, I obviously couldn't enter the code. Also on the website, Facebook informed me that an unknown device and browser was trying to log in. I was asked to confirm whether it was me or not.

I even tried deleting the device ID, which of course didn't help.

Unfortunately, Miranda NG no longer allows me to log in to Facebook with my account. Facebook classifies Miranda NG as an unusual device or similar. Maybe it could work if Miranda NG would support the two-factor authentication, but I'm not 100% sure about that either. What is certain is that Facebook doesn't seem to make it easy to log in to Facebook with an external application.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell Facebook that Miranda NG is not malware or anything like that. Maybe you should try to use the Graph API.

It would be really very nice if there is a solution for this problem as soon as possible. Also for those who have not been able to use it for a while. It doesn't seem to matter how old the Facebook account is or how many posts have been made. Also, it doesn't seem to be because of how overloaded Facebook is. I've had the problem for a few days now. I no longer have a chance to even get online for a second. From what I'm reading here, this problem seems to have picked up again in the last few days.

Offline Ali Savas

« Reply #924 on: 23 05 2021, 18:30:57 »
I have another idea, but it sounds simpler than it ends up being. Maybe it would be better if the Facebook protocol is rewritten from scratch. Here, either the Graph API should be used or (if the Graph API is not suitable for this) a Facebook Messenger should be simulated. For this, one should simply observe and recreate the data exchange between the Messenger (iOS or Android). Miranda should try to impersonate Facebook Messenger here, if possible.

Is there really no approach that is promising for a solution?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #925 on: 23 05 2021, 18:41:03 »
This is exactly what Miranda is doing now (MQTT protocol).

The following users thanked this post: Ali Savas

Offline Ali Savas

« Reply #926 on: 23 05 2021, 18:47:47 »

This is exactly what Miranda is doing now.

OK, unfortunately I did not know that. Is there perhaps another approach that works "cleaner"? Or do we have to give up Facebook with Miranda?

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #927 on: 24 05 2021, 01:26:25 »

OK, unfortunately I did not know that. Is there perhaps another approach that works "cleaner"? Or do we have to give up Facebook with Miranda?

i think as i already said several times before that Facebook plugin should be re-build with web HTML like it was in it's first releases with the right recent new requests as those requests changes every sometime ,

Offline Kimoo

« Reply #928 on: 24 05 2021, 01:33:35 »

Also Note that this problem may be cause of the ads that Facebook should appear .
may be when you logon using Miranda Facebook see that he can't show you there ads so he blocks your account as it's not normal thing.

So i think the salutation is
to re-built the FB plug in using simple https://mbasic.facebook.com requests , it's the old simple HTML basic version of Facebook , with this version No Java requests , no Ads

it's just an ideas from me , may be it work well  and may be not 

Offline Ali Savas

« Reply #929 on: 24 05 2021, 09:27:08 »
It is no longer possible to send or receive messages via the basic Facebook web page. Also, I don't think it makes sense to read the page as in earlier times, since Facebook notices that an application is reading the web page. This would not help us either.

We need to look at what exactly is causing the problem and look for alternatives if necessary.