Author Topic: Facebook protocol  (Read 360239 times)

Offline Thug

Re: Facebook protocol
« Reply #750 on: 22 06 2019, 04:35:08 »
It's been a couple of weeks that Facebook (the web site) gets angry when I log in with Miranda. Suddenly, it kicks me out and forces me to change password. It happened 5 times already. It doesn't happen every time I log in with Miranda, but only sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly which circumstances cause the trouble.
In my experience it happens when I download something (some torrent for example) that takes over all my internet channel. Miranda loses connection, Status Manager plugin tries to reconnect constantly, and FB eventually blocks my account.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2019, 12:46:06 by Thug »

Offline Morku

« Reply #751 on: 22 06 2019, 08:01:01 »
I give up.

After 2-3 month when the issue was reported, Facebook still kicks me out, when I use Facebook Miranda.

Before, I deleted the Facebook Account data in Miranda completly to create a new one. Second, I use always the latest Miranda Nightly and Facebook protocoll.

I logged into Facebook in Miranda, it worked for 2-3 days fine. I got a friendship request, accepted and just after about 1 hour -> kicked.

So... okay. No more Facebook in Miranda NG.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #752 on: 22 06 2019, 13:28:23 »
It's being rewritten from scratch at the moment, so if you wait a while, and monitor these threads, eventually you should see a version that works.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2019, 13:33:18 by Vulpix »

Offline Morku

« Reply #753 on: 22 06 2019, 18:33:33 »
Thank you. Good to know.
Of course I understand, that technical the Plugin is fine and the block always is serverside. Facebook is a beast.
I will keep an eye on this thread. :)

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #754 on: 22 06 2019, 21:21:44 »
If you wish you can also monitor the commits on github, but I think since the Facebook protocol is a somewhat big thing, there may be a "stable" release for it when it's completed.

The commits can be seen here: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commits/

And you can see quite a few facebook-related commits in the past few days, courtesy of @Ghazan.

Offline riki

« Reply #755 on: 28 06 2019, 12:15:12 »
A new issue: after forcing the n-th password change on me, Facebook now won't let me login via Miranda. I bet this issue is already known by Ghazan and the other developers working on the FB plugin, but I am sending the very small netlog to @ghazan, just in case.

EDIT (addition)
The previous issue (no login via Miranda) has been solved. It wasn't Miranda's problem. I had to reset the password, because FB wouldn't let me log in by any browser. Maybe Miranda just triggered the problem? It is a possibility, because it happened right after an update, but the problem was general.

About lost messages in history:

Some messages are still retrospectively missed after the fact, even if I have "load last messages on opening message windows" set to 99 (max). I am not able to understand in which conditions this happens (it's not everytime, just sometime). Ok, this is not new.

But I do have some new information: it appears that the messages containing a quote are systematically missed by Miranda, not only in history after the fact: the messages are missed even if Miranda is online and the window is open when the message arrives.
« Last Edit: 08 07 2019, 21:49:30 by riki »

Offline 1c3man

« Reply #756 on: 24 07 2019, 07:50:51 »
I have a similar (maybe the same) issue. Starting a week ago FB locked my account after logging in from Miranda.
I had to change my password and it worked just fine until I logged in again from Miranda.
The log in process was ok, but after 5 mins FB locked again my account saying that somebody connected to my account.
I tried this cycle 2 or 3 times and each time FB account was locked after logging in from Miranda.

Offline thosrtanner

« Reply #757 on: 24 07 2019, 19:54:57 »
The problem happens round about once a week for me

Offline riki

« Reply #758 on: 25 07 2019, 14:22:42 »
Could it be that updating Miranda triggers the security problem/password change routine in facebook? Confirm or deny if you have evidence.

On a related note to avoid double posting, undesirable behavior continues: messages with a quote just vanish. Miranda doesn't see them at all.

culinko

« Reply #759 on: 26 07 2019, 03:16:03 »
Could it be that updating Miranda triggers the security problem/password change routine in facebook? Confirm or deny if you have evidence.

I used to start Miranda every time I started my PC (once a day), with automatically connecting to Facebook. If there was an update for Miranda, I pressed the notification bubble and the updater would update, restarted Miranda and then my Facebook would automatically connect again (it would still work properly after that). My account was locked some time during the next 30 minutes (don't know the exact time) after the last update+restart of Miranda on July 23. However the account lock didn't happen every time there was a Miranda update, because I ran Miranda every day and FB locked me out 7 times total so far (Feb 20, Apr 03, Jun 21, Jul 10, Jul 16, Jul 19 and Jul 23). It's interesting to see that it was happening more frequently lately. To be honest I gave up on Miranda for now after the last time they locked my account on July 23 and I am waiting for the plugin to be reworked or for this bug to be fixed.

On another note, could I request an important feature for the plugin updater? Because I use auto-connecting for my networks, if there is an update for Miranda and I want to update right away, I have to restart the Miranda and auto-connect to my networks again (meaning I am connecting to my networks twice in a short amount pf time). Could you add an option to Miranda to not auto-connect if there are new updates? This way I could just update Miranda first without connecting to the networks and after Miranda is restarted it would auto-connect to my networks because there wouldn't be any new updates anymore. Thank you in advance, much appreciated!
« Last Edit: 26 07 2019, 03:21:28 by culinko »

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #760 on: 26 07 2019, 13:12:50 »
Another one with Facebook lock here.

My guess that frequent logon triggers it.

I have buggy USB-stick with Miranda (and it's 4th stick in year. *sigh* Tell me about luck.) So sometimes after logon it works, but extremely slow. And it fixed usually by ejecting stick and plugging it back.

So today I:

1. Logined usually.
2. Exit Miranda without logout, two hours later.
3. Login immediately->worked. Still slow.
4. Exit again, with logout.
5. Logined in half-hour.

On the step #5 I was locked already. :|

But it was 3rd time this week already. Previous 2 times followed different (but similar) scheme: I posted something on FB from my browser, logout of miranda, login - and got banned. So I presumed that posting is triggering this behavior - but I definitely didn't post anything today, so it seems login/logout/login in fast succession is the self-sufficient reason.

Offline thosrtanner

« Reply #761 on: 27 07 2019, 15:05:46 »
It's possible that updates or multiple logins/logouts are related. i got made to log in twice this morning. and the 2nd was definitely after I updated miranda. I try to keep updates down to once a week which matches my comment above. I'll try to avoid updating for a while and see what happens.

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #762 on: 27 07 2019, 21:21:33 »
Aaand guess what? I got banned again after my reply on FB. :|

So, it seems, activity from two different sources (when one is Miranda) is enough.

I must note also that after some thinking, I changed my opinion: login/logout/login is not trigger banning. I remember that I did that many times (because of Steam, not FB), and it worked. But maybe login/disconnect (without logout)/login in quick succession works for that. At least, it was only that unusual thing for me in time before the last one.

Offline thosrtanner

« Reply #763 on: 03 08 2019, 19:02:02 »
Well, I've done no updates for a week and not got any facebook telling me something suspicious has happened

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #764 on: 22 08 2019, 20:53:30 »
Maybe this will help
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commit/6c4788805f2df5b0953010d54c59a3ed71ea5031

fix already landed to development version