Author Topic: Yahoo unread message notification  (Read 5172 times)

Offline pepinlebref

• Pepin le Bref, father of Charlemagne!
Yahoo unread message notification
« on: 08 04 2014, 19:55:29 »
Hello,
When connecting to yahoo, the 'unread message' count is wrong: it shows "42 unread" while I only have 2...
This number seems to increase each time I receive new message.
How can I help the debug?

Offline xaos

Re: Yahoo unread message notification
« Reply #1 on: 17 05 2014, 07:29:07 »
bah .. older thread .. seems it's not notifying new email lately at all

Offline pepinlebref

• Pepin le Bref, father of Charlemagne!
« Reply #2 on: 19 05 2014, 06:28:26 »
old thread but problem remains (now have 100 unread email ^^).
notifications still working here...

Offline xaos

« Reply #3 on: 23 05 2014, 05:06:58 »
.. you'd be correct, apparently i'm just impatient. New email notification is still working.  ...

IS there a dev, or someone even reading this thread that might be able to help? ... bloody hell you devs can be ignorant .. even for a freeware app. I DON"T CARE if devs don't use a particular protocol .. if it's not going to be looked at and worked on.. DON"T SAY IT'S SUPPORTED, or at least respond to and mention bugs SOMEWHERE OBVIOUS.

New mail notification still works, but it does exactly as the first post says. ... IF there is an unread email in the inbox .. upon start-up of Miranda-NG, the new email notification in the status bar displays however many previous email have passed through the account .

Seriously? ... users like myself looking for alternatives ... YOU DEVS say it's supported ... we've gotten NOTHING on here for at least a MONTH.
« Last Edit: 23 05 2014, 05:28:29 by xaos »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 23 05 2014, 08:47:36 »
xaos, calm down, please.

First of all you didn't understood what ghazan meant by saying "no devs here use that protocol". He didn't said "... so no-one will fix it", BUT "... so you have to give me more informations - netlog for start".

Secondly Miranda is open-source project, you're free to download sources, fix that problem and send us a patch. We will be happy to merge it for everyone.

And in fact, what YOU did for Miranda project and for other users? What? I bet nothing but whining and bitching around, like now.
We've got nothing from the fact you are using Miranda. We've got no money or other benefits. All of us are doing it for free in our free time. Instead we could be working on anything else - e.g., our payed job. So, you're free to leave, if you wish :THUMBS UP:
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #5 on: 23 05 2014, 12:04:32 »
IS there a dev, or someone even reading this thread that might be able to help?

1 - Open a ticket.

2 - Wait until it's done.

When will it be ready? Whenever it will be ready.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.