Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Discord protocol

<< < (15/19) > >>

ghazan:
ultramage,

--- Quote from: ultramage on 28 09 2020, 06:26:18 --- in addition to not being able to manually load a room's history properly
--- End quote ---
yes, in Miranda group chats do not store the history in a database, so you can't manage histories properly

dartraiden:

--- Quote ---The protocol uses odd terminology, 'Join Guild' and 'Leave Guild'. Took me a moment to realize what this was. Discord calls them 'servers', unless I'm mistaken. Might be better to use the official naming?
--- End quote ---
@ghazan hates "servers" :D

--- Quote ---Everything appears as a group tree under a top-level Discord node. However, 'Chat rooms' also gets filled with the individual servers. I assume this is due to a limitation of the UI and is there to allow joining/leaving servers. Might be more convenient to have it all under the Discord node.
--- End quote ---
This is standard Miranda behavior, IRC protocol do the same.

--- Quote ---When I change messaging options and hit apply, I believe all chat windows are emptied and the module proceeds to re-download everything from scratch. Might not be ideal.
--- End quote ---
Not possible until we implement database chat history storing.

--- Quote ---If the protocol loses connection, the list of chatroom users is emptied. When it then reconnects, the list does not come back until the tab is closed and re-opened.
--- End quote ---
Ticket created
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/2577

--- Quote ---When viewing chatrooms as tabbed group chats (tabsrmm I think?), if I try to rearrange them, the tabs do not respond to the drag&drop gesture. I also don't see any way to reorder them, there's only "save tab position", which I assume allows irssi-style binding.
--- End quote ---
All message plugins (StdMsg, TabSRMM, Scriver) supports tabbed interface, look at your Version Info
Not a Discord problem.

--- Quote ---If I accidentally doubleclick on a tab while switching chatrooms, the gesture is interpreted as a 'close tab' command. I really don't want this. I looked really hard, but couldn't find any option that could disable this behavior.
--- End quote ---
Also not a Discord problem. You should tweak message plugin setting.

--- Quote ---When I doubleclicked on a person to quote them, it prepared a classic irc-style highlight (user: ) instead of discord-style (@user). I sent a message like that just for the heck of it, and saw that my message echoed back as "user: : text". The double colon worries me. I have not tried using a second client to view how others saw my message, but I assume it didn't come out right.
--- End quote ---
Message plugins cannot use different types of quotes for different protocols
See our wiki for Discord user mentioning
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:Discord/en

--- Quote ---Another oddity: when I open a discord chatroom, clear log and then right-click on the room and do 'Load server history', and I use the setting "Message session -> Message log -> Load history events -> Load number of previous events: 100", it loads the first (oldest) 100 events in the chatroom's history. If it's supposed to that, that sort of feature has very limited utility.
--- End quote ---
This has not been intended for group chats, only for privates

--- Quote ---Message deletion is not indicated in the chat log.
--- End quote ---
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/2578

everything else has almost no chance of being realized

dartraiden:

--- Quote from: ultramage on 28 09 2020, 06:26:18 ---Should I start submitting all these observations as individual github tickets?
--- End quote ---
Yes, because otherwise I have to do it :D

ultramage:
I am noticing that a bunch of chatrooms across all the Discord servers I'm on are locally renamed, prefixed with the server's name. So instead of #room, it's Server#room. On one server, almost every room is affected. On another, it's only one or two. And I believe this happens over time, maybe when on a bad network with frequent reconnects? I first noticed this on 4.10. when one of my always-open tabs suddenly had its title changed like that.

ghazan:
ultramage,
It depends on an option "Use subgroups for server's channels". If this option is disabled, Miranda has to append the server's name to a channels to avoid dups

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version