Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Discord protocol

(1/19) > >>

Vulpix:
This topic is dedicated to Discord protocol development and alpha-testing.

Current state can be seen @ first post on github: https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/629

Vulpix:
What should work:
- 1on1 chats including message history syncing and offline messages (both sending and receiving)
- changing avatar + viewing other people's avatars
- chatting in guild (group) chats you are already a part of
- adding a new friend
- accepting a friend request
- changing status (Offline, Online, NA=idle, DND)
- websocket gateway

What doesn't work but can likely be made to work
- 2FA
- File transfers
- Joining new guilds/leaving guilds (groupchats) - you have to do it from within the discord program or website and relog to discord
- Joining/leaving channels
- Miranda doesn't reflect status change made in different endpoint (i.e. if you change your status in browser discord, miranda will not reflect that)
- likely none of the nitro features

File transfers are being worked on. I believe.

Please test and see for yourself.

See first post!

Please be aware that miranda attempts to sync all of your histories when you start it and if you have a long history with direct messaging with someone, it may take a while.

mnguser:
I would like to give it a try, but i can't load x64 development version of the plugin with the latest dev build of Miranda on Windows 10 x64.

--- Code: ---The ordinal 397 could not be located in the dynamic link library <Miranda Root>\Plugins\Discord.dll.
--- End code ---
I tried scouting the plugin with Dependency Walker, but i can't spot anything unusual. Does it require some additional MSVC++ libraries? I've got all ordinary MSVC++ redistributables installed.

ghazan:

--- Quote from: mnguser on 03 02 2017, 09:27:14 ---I would like to give it a try, but i can't load x64 development version of the plugin with the latest dev build of Miranda on Windows 10 x64.
--- End quote ---
you're using the stable version right now, you cannot load just one new plugin and try to launch it under this version.
go to Options - Services - Plugin updater, switch to the Development version (with or without symbols) and update everything first

mnguser:
My bad, it seems, I've left silent update mode enabled. Surprisingly, i tried skypeweb alpha about a year ago the same way and it never complained about compile options mismatch. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version