Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Facebook protocol

<< < (161/192) > >>

ghazan:
First of all, I think that this protocol plugin is dead, cause it still causes account lockouts , so its further development doesn't look promising.

Second, all histories are retrieved and recorded using server-side message ids, so in theory it doesn't matter how Miranda loads unread histories. Right now Miranda stores last server id retrieved and tries to load everything else since that message id. I wonder how this mechanism could fail

SpinalBlood:
Aside from the random lockdowns of the account (really annoying), I can't get online messages since today.

If I go offline and the message is unread, I can get it when going online again, but receiving online messagges it doesn't work.

Not sure if something has changed on facebook side, but this is a serious issue. Anyone else have this problem?

The plugin is not updated anymore then?  :-\

aekotra:

--- Quote from: SpinalBlood on 21 11 2019, 01:09:10 ---I can't get online messages since today.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have the same problem as of today.  You can open the individual contact and any new messages will appear immediately, but no notifications/chat window popup.

SpinalBlood:
Mhh, I tried to open them when online already but it didn't work... (meaning I'm forced to do offline and online again)

riki:
@SpinalBlood: confirmed. @aekotra: do you have "load last messages when opening message windows"? It's this action that triggers downloading of the latest messages. With this setting, there's no need to go offline/online again.  Re-opening the msg window is enough.

A new fact: when logging in/authenticating on FB with Miranda, I get a warning from Miranda that says not all data was loaded, but the plugin might still work. I think this is connected with this issue, reported by SpinalBlood and aekotra's and also observed by me.

I think what triggers the random lockouts is exactly loading too many past messages. If FB thinks they are already read and you re-download them too quickly (as per Miranda request), FB gets annoyed. This is my impression. I'm really not pleased with FB trying to keep our data for itself and not allowing us to download it and sort/organize/index it as we like. In this sense, Miranda helps us keep what is ours.

As for the lost messages, some do get lost repeatably (those beginning with a quote, when the other user quotes my messages using messenger). Some just get lost for some reason, but it's much rarer. It only happens when interacting both by browser and by Miranda in the same conversation, and only once in a while.

@ghazan - It would be great if the msg ID's got saved along with the messages in the message history. This would allow us to recover all past messages but only up to a certain ID, which can help in not getting FB "angry"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version