Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Facebook protocol

<< < (162/192) > >>

aekotra:

--- Quote from: riki on 11 12 2019, 21:03:02 ---@aekotra: do you have "load last messages when opening message windows"? It's this action that triggers downloading of the latest messages. With this setting, there's no need to go offline/online again.  Re-opening the msg window is enough.
--- End quote ---

Oh, that makes sense.  I have that setting at 3.

--- Quote ---I get a warning from Miranda that says not all data was loaded, but the plugin might still work.
--- End quote ---

Interesting,  I've never received that one.

dartraiden:
Attention to all users that have the development version of Miranda NG (0.95.11.xxxxx).

The forthcoming nightly build will contain a brand new Facebook plugin based on MQTT protocol instead of the old deprecated plugin that used direct parsing of HTTP pages.

The main advantage of the new plugin is that it doesn't block your account and works pretty fast. It supports private messages for now, as well as retrieving user info + avatars, typing notifications, status updates, and some minor features.

The main disadvantage of it is that the plugin is quite raw, its development lasts for 10 days only. It has neither support for reading timeline nor support for group chats. Also, it doesn't support two-factor authorization. If these features are vitally important for you, you shall switch to the stable version of Miranda.

All other people are welcome to test new plugin, any feedback is greatly appreciated as well as bug reports at our tracker. Hopefully, this plugin will be finished quite soon.

starcat13:
> Also, it doesn't support two-factor authorization.
it works with "App Password"

SpinalBlood:
Can loading history from the server be implemented with this plugin?

riki:

--- Quote from: SpinalBlood on 03 01 2020, 00:36:51 ---Can loading history from the server be implemented with this plugin?

--- End quote ---
+1, a tidy history is the main reason why I choose Miranda over Facebook direct web (or app) messaging!

Also, will messages received/sent via the new plugin merge into the old history, or will they appear as a different protocol?

I don't remember why I switched from experimental Miranda to stable version. Maybe it was some database issue, but I don't know. I am a bit afraid to switch back to experimental, but the new FB plugin is a strong reason for me to switch.

Go developers GO! Thank you and happy 2020  :DRINK:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version