Author Topic: i can't logon to Facebook cause i enabled two-factor authentication  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Kimoo

i'm not able to logon to Facebook by Miranda , cause i two-factor authentication and there's no place to enter the code in Miranda ,
what i can do now ? i need to logon to Facebook by miranda , and i'm not able to remove the two-factor authentication as i'm forced to use it by Facebook
when i try to log on , the facebook give me that there's a device try to logon , and ask me to review the device , i clicked " this was me " but no now , it still not allow me to logon by Facebook plugin in Miranda

Offline dartraiden

Offline Kimoo

Currently we do not support 2FA for Facebook.
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/2207#issuecomment-1013740353

you know anyway to fix or logon or create an app password ?

Offline dartraiden

The Facebook website does not offer an app passwords feature anymore. It is not possible to create app password for Miranda or any other app.

The only way to use FB in Miranda - disable 2FA.

Offline Kimoo

The Facebook website does not offer an app passwords feature anymore. It is not possible to create app password for Miranda or any other app.

The only way to use FB in Miranda - disable 2FA.

i'm not able to disable it , Facebook forcing me to use it  :'( :'(

Offline Kimoo

I got an idea Sir ,
just an idea , may be not works
but what about to add the same access token that stored in web browser cookies , to put it inside Miranda NG , so when i logon using Miranda , the Facebook will think it's the browser it self , what you think about this ??

Offline Kimoo

i hope from Miranda team
to work for supporting 2fa for facebook
cause there's now accounts that are forced to use it , we can't disable this feather from our facebook profiles
you can do it , by making logon by 2 steps ,
please  :'( :'(
i miss using facebook with Miranda