Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Database import issue

<< < (2/2)

dartraiden:
ICQ contacts?

If yes, then these are accounts that were deleted by the server due to inactivity. Their server names have been changed to [deleted]
Therefore, Miranda simply updates their name according to the server.

As for the history... first make sure it is present in the old profile (start Miranda with this old profile without connecting it online)

janskalicky:
Yes, I have done this experiment in the meantime, and found out the problem is that I have connected with the old version before the migration and the rename happened then. Thus I will do the migration again with the backed up profile (not connected yet). But then I would need to import some of the messages which were for some contacts downloded when I, within the experiments with import, connected with the old profile... is there a way to import those messages for the several contacts specifically?

dartraiden:
Right-click by contact "Load server history". This will download all the messages that exists on the server but missed in the database.

janskalicky:
> Right-click by contact "Load server history"
this functionality has one neaty characteristics... the server timestamps are quite different from the client archived ones, so it produces a lot of duplicities differing only by a matter of seconds. In the end, it was necessary to clean this up using manual importing from JSON exports. Take it as a idea for improvement how to deal with this... Nontheless thanks for your navigation, it was helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version