Author Topic: Discord might be tripping some new security measure  (Read 2465 times)

Offline ultramage

Over the last 3 days I have received a Discord account security e-mail twice, stating that "Discord Account Disabled for Suspicious Activity" and instructing me to change my password to reactivate it. It also logs out all sessions, which is a pain.
A quick web search found https://github.com/EionRobb/purple-discord/issues/363 where people have been discussing this for the past few days. Something to maybe keep an eye on.

Offline Brian012

Re: Discord might be tripping some new security measure
« Reply #1 on: 10 09 2021, 05:36:48 »
I just found my discord account disabled again. 3rd time resetting my password in 3 days. I wonder, could it have something to do with the 2 step authentication thing they seem to be pushing on their website? I even changed my e-mail password just in case after the 2nd deactivation.

I really prefer Miranda NG as it gives me virtually no problems and seems to use far fewer resources than Discord's PC version of their program. I'd hate to have to start using the discord program again. :(

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 10 09 2021, 18:40:29 »
I've come back from my hiding to say the same. I've tried everything but to no avail, and Miranda doesn't even support 2FA to see if that would make the banbot happy.

I'll just be offline until this is resolved...

Offline Zevel

« Reply #3 on: 10 09 2021, 20:09:33 »
Is this being investigated?  95% of my contacts have moved to Discord and a multiprotocol client without working discord support is kind of pointless.

Offline Brian012

« Reply #4 on: 11 09 2021, 01:27:58 »
Make it 4 times in 4 days! Just reset my password AGAIN. These shenanigans of Discord are really starting to tick me off!

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #5 on: 11 09 2021, 05:56:40 »
I think it may be a good idea to - at least - implement a measure that will stop Miranda from trying to reconnect forever when this error happens. At least until a fix is found.

@Ghazan , do you think you could put that in please? I mean I don't want to add to our sentence (ha) by repeatedly spamming the site with login requests after it blocks us.

Offline ultramage

« Reply #6 on: 15 09 2021, 16:49:35 »
Updating with the fact that a day or two later, the lockouts seem to have stopped. It's possible enough people made noise / support requests that Discord rolled back whatever it was. Or maybe it was an unintentional change on their end and they finally reverted it.