Author Topic: IRC chat windows gone/not working  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Cassiebsg

IRC chat windows gone/not working
« on: 27 03 2021, 10:39:45 »
Hi

2 (?) days ago I updated my Miranda, and it forced-me to upgrade my profile.
Since then Miranda is acting up.

When I logged to my 2 usual IRC servers, the chat windows did not show the correct color I had in my profile (since I had this problem once before, I went to options, change a color and then back to normal color I used, hit apply and "fixed" it. But then nothing I wrote in chat showed up, no idea if others talked back either. All I could see was the chatroom's welcome message and the disconnect/connect/join msg. I then decided to shutdown Miranda and restart it. That fixed the problem. Cool.

Then yesterday evening, I come home from work, turn on Miranda (not sure if there was an update again) and my IRC window started showing the "server window" (with this name). Normally it shows the channel/IRC server name, and ti doesn't even show me this window since I have them closed. It did not do my perform for the servers either, so I had to manually join my channels. But then I was "greeted" with the same problem from yesterday, I could not see anything typed on the chatroom. And nothing that worked before has solved the problem. So right now Miranda is useless for IRC for me. :( Not sure if ICQ/Jabber chat windows are working like they should or not, since I haven't talked to anyone since, but seems I can send msg, since I just wrote a "test" msg and can see my text in the window (though still nothing on the IRC chat window).

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Otherwise, with the profile being upgraded maybe the possibility of reverting to the previous working version is gone?

Edit: ICQ/Jabber protocol seems to be fine, it's only IRC that isn't working.
« Last Edit: 27 03 2021, 13:33:32 by Cassiebsg »

Offline dartraiden

Re: IRC chat windows gone/not working
« Reply #1 on: 27 03 2021, 12:06:38 »
Please update to build 23836 and test again

Offline Cassiebsg

Re: IRC chat windows gone/not working
« Reply #2 on: 27 03 2021, 13:35:41 »
Cool, seems to have worked.  :THUMBS UP:

Thanks for the fast fix.  :DRINK: