Author Topic: vc_redist required  (Read 1857 times)

Offline thany

vc_redist required
« on: 28 03 2020, 15:32:03 »
Suddenly when I start Miranda-NG, it says "Miranda NG needs the Visual Studio library, but it cannot be loaded. Do you want to download it from the internet?"

Uhhh, right. It worked yesterday, nothing happened in between. Except the latest cumulative Windows 10 update.

But alright, let's download it from the internet then.

First of all, it downloads the x86 version of that redist. I've got Miranda x64, soooo, not good, is it?
Secondly, the redist won't install. It says a newer version is already installed. Well then, Miranda, use that then, I guess?

How can we get this problem fixed?

Also tried this one:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Both x86 and x64 installed. So now I have the latest versions. But the error remains.

Of course, jsyk, I searched the forums and the wiki, and not a word about this. Must be a new thing then.
« Last Edit: 28 03 2020, 15:38:35 by thany »

Offline thany

Re: vc_redist required
« Reply #1 on: 28 03 2020, 15:46:22 »
Reinstalled the whole thing.

It decided to install in a new location, rather than reuse the existing installation directory.
It also decided to use a new location for profiles, which seems rather odd to me, since I reinstalled the exact same version I already had. So I just copied over my profile to the new location.

Not I seem to have two installations. One is Miranda NG x64 0.95.11 which doesn't work, and the other is Miranda NG x64 0.95.11 which does work. The only difference seems to be that the one that doesn't work, reused the old location where Miranda IM was initially installed.

Offline dartraiden

Re: vc_redist required
« Reply #2 on: 28 03 2020, 17:09:08 »
Please show screenshot of /Libs folder (from installation which does not work)