Author Topic: XMPP "not well formed" disconnect after latest stable #22533  (Read 97 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TestertimeTopic starter

Hi everyone, I just got caught off guard by a nasty bug that took me a while to figure out. Especially due to circumstances. Earlier this day, I updated Miranda NG to stable build #22532 via the in-built updater. Everything worked great, I noticed no issues.

A few hours later, I downloaded the stable build from the website ("about" page says build #22533). I wanted to configure it for XMPP and see what changes are useful. During testing, I ran into an error that made the server force-disconnect me. Once I added a XMPP / Jabber account for the very first time, logging in works fine. But after a restart, this is no longer the case. I get the error message "not-well-formed" from the Jabber.de server.

Removing and readding the account does not change anything, so I guess there was something during the first program start that wasn't triggered yet. Long story short, I found the culprit: I have to disable "Allow servers to request version (XEP-0092)". Afterwards, the Jabber.de server doesn't disconnect me and everything is fine again.

My guess is that the most recent commits (today?) for Jabber at https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commits/master broke something. Since the changes did something with the client information, I guess it makes sense. But it's still a guess from me, so I hope anyone of you can confirm this.
« Last Edit: 03 03 2020, 18:45:33 by Testertime »
 

Offline ghazan

Testertime,
there was only one commit into Jabber in the stable version, to provide the better XEP compliance for entering group chats.
could you provide more info with a piece of netlog with this error?
« Last Edit: 03 03 2020, 19:44:11 by dartraiden »
 

Offline ghazan

Testertime,
Perhaps I've found the problem, try now
 

Offline TestertimeTopic starter

Thanks a lot for your quick reaction, I can confirm that updating to #22535 fixed this issue! :) I only noticed that this problem can be somehow triggered again when switching between build 22534 and 22535 with the same profile, even when staying on build 22535. But I'm aware that switching to previous builds with the same profile shouldn't be done. So I guess the problem should be gone. I'm still going to attach a netlog anyway, in case if it becomes useful (error is at line 142)
 
The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline ghazan

Good. I've just forgotten to add one letter into a program :) that was enough to make it buggy