Author Topic: Help setting up highlighting event in TabSRMM IRC plugin  (Read 1889 times)

Offline fiction

Hi,

I'm looking for help on setting up a specific way to trigger the "highlighting" notification effect. Currently I am using the built-in options inside the "group chats" tab under "Message sessions."

I am connecting to several IRC channels using the normal plugins, which works fine. However, some of these channels are very low activity and some are very high. I would like to receive a highlight notification when any message is sent in one of the low activity ones, but not the others. It's important for me to respond quickly if a low activity message is sent, but I keep missing messages because I stop paying attention to the window during periods when nothing happens.

However, I cannot figure out how to do this without making the notification happen every time a message is sent in my other channels as well. I see a way to notify/highlight for all messages, and a "container options" menu in the container itself, but I don't see anything in those options to let me selectively choose highlights for a specific chat tab or window.

(Container options's Notifications tab just has "Enable popups if minimized/unfocused/focused" & "show popups for inactive tabs in active containers." Highlighting just lets me set usernames or specific text strings that trigger across all group chats.)

Is this possible in the current version of Miranda NG?

Thank you.

Offline ghazan

Re: Help setting up highlighting event in TabSRMM IRC plugin
« Reply #1 on: 17 08 2019, 17:26:04 »
we have a registered wish of muting channels on a channel-based level, but that is only a wish for now

The following users thanked this post: fiction

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #2 on: 21 08 2019, 08:03:49 »
A possible workaround is to use IRC bouncer that can force push channels based on conditions.

The following users thanked this post: fiction

Offline fiction

« Reply #3 on: 21 08 2019, 18:10:03 »
we have a registered wish of muting channels on a channel-based level, but that is only a wish for now

Thanks for the update. Guess I'll keep checking back and hopefully it will eventually change from just a wish. =)