Author Topic: Steam Plugin doesnt connect anymore  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Maverick

Steam Plugin doesnt connect anymore
« on: 29 04 2019, 14:24:12 »
Hi,

the Steam Plugin doesnt connect anymore. Seems to be botched with last Update. Before it was working.

Offline dartraiden

Re: Steam Plugin doesnt connect anymore
« Reply #1 on: 29 04 2019, 19:47:14 »
Netlog?

Offline Maverick

« Reply #2 on: 30 04 2019, 12:14:46 »
More Testing would be a good thing i guess.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 30 04 2019, 14:12:11 »
Maverick,
I recommend you to visit the site under the same login & password, maybe it will say smth
also, if you have dbeditor++ plugin, you can try to remove some Settings / Steam variables: SessionID, TokenSecret & UMQID

Offline Maverick

« Reply #4 on: 30 04 2019, 16:30:17 »
Worked.

But it would be good if you Guys test Plugins more before you Release them. I have definitly not changed any Settings for Steam.

It worked.
Update.
Stopped working.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #5 on: 30 04 2019, 16:42:00 »
We also definitely not changed any code for Steam
All commits in Steam from February to this moment are not related to the protocol.

If server stopped liking something... well, we cannot response for that.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #6 on: 30 04 2019, 22:47:28 »
Someone else had a similar problem recently, same resolution. It's not related to update, I updated too and didn't have any issues.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #7 on: 02 05 2019, 06:23:09 »
We also definitely not changed any code for Steam
All commits in Steam from February to this moment are not related to the protocol.

If server stopped liking something... well, we cannot response for that.

Well but the Main Exe was updated and when is something that went wrong. It seem that there was a Change that caused this. I even tried to re-enter my Credentials and it did not work.

And that i noticed it, that the Plugin cant connect, was more or less coincidence. At this moment, i just updated.

Besides that: I had it several times that my Steam Contacts were not displayed as Online. They were only shown, when i reconnected the Plugin to Steam.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #8 on: 02 05 2019, 08:07:13 »
Besides that: I had it several times that my Steam Contacts were not displayed as Online. They were only shown, when i reconnected the Plugin to Steam.

This is unfortunately a known issue. It can happen when Steam reconnects after losing connection (not because of your internet but for example the steam service itself).

What happens is the service is reconnected, but users' statuses are not fetched. The only users whose status you will then see are users whose status has changed. For example from away to online, or from online to "playing a game" and so on.

Eventually, when @Unsane has some time again, this might be fixed.