Author Topic: Single message window and IRC tabs  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Cassiebsg

Single message window and IRC tabs
« on: 28 12 2018, 22:46:47 »
Hi all

Sorry to bother you all, but I just finally migrated from Miranda IM to NG and one thing is driving me nuts.
How do I configure NG to use tabs for the IRC protocol and single message windows for the other protocols? (in this case ICQ and Jabber)?
Also I wish enter to send a message on IRC and double enter for ICQ & Jabber single windows.
This is the way it worked in IM and the way I wish to keep it.   :-[
I was going to add the Skype protocol too, since MSN/Skype decided I'm not allowed to have individual windows for chat anymore (win7)... but if the above can't be done I it'll be pointless...

I'm using the standard settings, I think.

I have tried and installed TabsSRMM but that just gave me more annoyance. Spent half the evening setting up colours, cause it fked up my chat and message windows... and when I gave up on making it look and act like I wished and turned it off, it did not set my chats backs to the way where. so more grievance to set all back the way it was.  >:(

I'm not Russian nor do I have anyone on my list that is. will I be forced to give a mobil number to keep using ICQ (assuming you guys can make it work again in Miranda... cause I won't change to their client!)?

Been a happy Miranda user since, uhm, "forever?"... around the time ICQ decided to add ads to their client and I found Miranda that had the plus side of allowing multiple protocols and a free installation so I could just take it with me on a disk/usb...  :THUMBS UP:

Offline dartraiden

Re: Single message window and IRC tabs
« Reply #1 on: 29 12 2018, 17:00:12 »
Miranda IM have 2 plugins: one for single messaging (StdMsg) and one for groupchats (StdChat). So you could have separate tab settings and send settings.
In Miranda NG we merge single messaging and group chats into single plugin (because their separation was a pain in the ass). So no, unfortunately it is no longer possible.

I'm not Russian nor do I have anyone on my list that is. will I be forced to give a mobil number to keep using ICQ (assuming you guys can make it work again in Miranda... cause I won't change to their client!)?
Messenger is owned by Russian company Mail.ru and available in Russia, so it must respect stupid Russian IT laws.

The following users thanked this post: Cassiebsg

Offline Cassiebsg

« Reply #2 on: 29 12 2018, 19:54:02 »
Thanks for the reply.  :'(

Guess I'll only keep NG if you guys can get ICQ running then. Otherwise there's really no advantage for me.  :(

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #3 on: 29 12 2018, 19:55:41 »
ICQ already works in development version.

The following users thanked this post: Cassiebsg

Offline Cassiebsg

« Reply #4 on: 29 12 2018, 20:59:28 »
I know, I'm following the thread.  :THUMBS UP:
I just decided to wait for the stable version.
Since of the 4 people I still use ICQ to talk to, only 2 I don't have another IM account for them... but I have their email, so it's not like I can't talk with them anymore... That's why I decided to wait for the stable release... since it's expected to be out sometime tomorrow anyway.  :THUMBS UP:

The question is not that it's working now, the question is, how long it will work before ICQ cuts the "wings" again...

Anyway, if anyone in here makes a plugin to allow diferente preferences for each protocol, let me know. I want need that!  :DRINK: