Author Topic: Strange error after latest update  (Read 2723 times)

Offline SirNasso

Strange error after latest update
« on: 31 05 2018, 20:13:27 »
Today I decided to hit Check for updates from Miranda itself.After it apllied all of them it starts with the error from the attached image,and won't load at all.Now I don't understand german so no exact ideia what's worng.So can you guys help me with this?
« Last Edit: 31 05 2018, 20:22:17 by SirNasso »

Offline Vulpix

Re: Strange error after latest update
« Reply #1 on: 31 05 2018, 20:53:57 »
Usually this happens when the old miranda does not shut down properly. Try opening your task manager and locating miranda exe (32 if 32bit, 64 if 64bit). If it's there, terminate it and then try starting your miranda again.

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #2 on: 01 06 2018, 05:48:52 »
Tried that and no miranda exe was running.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #3 on: 01 06 2018, 17:16:02 »
Why is it in German if you don't understand it? Do you have German langpack that you don't use?

This is probably communicate that your profile is in unsupported format. Could it be that conversion of your profile went wrong?? Do you remember from which version were you upgrading? Did you or do you have "Import" and "dbx_mdbx" plugins in your Plugins subfolder?

Would be good to see your VersionInfo at least from before update. Did you revert your installation already? You should have all files in /Plugin Updates/Backups. But if you don't have any backups of your profile or installation then better would be to start with just a copy of your current installation, the whole folder (just in case) and your profile folder too if you don't keep it in the same place.

If you don't have those backups from /Plugin Updates/Backups to revert then you could also start installation from after update by just creating some new test profile. If you can't see Profile Manager to create a new profile then you can force it by modifying mirandabot.ini file (it is next to exe) and set ShowProfileMgr appropriately.

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #4 on: 03 06 2018, 19:40:58 »
Well,the good thing is that I kept a copy of Miranda NG on one of the other hard drives.Updated it and now everything went fine.I gues last time something went wrong with the instalation.As for the language it is a mistery to me too.Never had anthing in german,as I don't understand much from it.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #5 on: 03 06 2018, 21:04:41 »
Good to know it works for you now  :THUMBS UP:

erthink

« Reply #6 on: 28 08 2019, 10:53:58 »
I am the main libmdbx developer.
Please see my comment in the relevant issue.