Author Topic: ICQ Protocol Group Chat Issues  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Llewen

ICQ Protocol Group Chat Issues
« on: 01 11 2017, 17:08:56 »
There are two issues with ICQ group chat.  The first has been around forever, and that is that I cannot see the names of any of the participants.  I could live with that and have for years.

The second issue just started a week or so ago.  I cannot see anyone's posts other than my own to an ICQ group chat.  Other participants can see my name and messages, but I can't see anyone else's names or their messages.

Individual ICQ chat is still working as expected.

Online dartraiden

Re: ICQ Protocol Group Chat Issues
« Reply #1 on: 02 11 2017, 16:06:26 »
But Miranda doesn't support ICQ group chats at all...

Offline Llewen

« Reply #2 on: 02 11 2017, 20:09:10 »
Well, group chats worked until a week ago.  The only problem was I couldn't see names.

Offline Llewen

« Reply #3 on: 05 11 2017, 17:53:57 »
If anyone else has this problem it was eventually fixed by logging off the ICQ protocol, then logging into the browser based ICQ client, then closing the browser and logging back into the Miranda NG ICQ protocol account.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #4 on: 07 11 2017, 18:04:37 »
Miranda NG does not support ICQ group chats at all.
Perhaps after logging into standard ICQ client Miranda displays these rooms as temporary contacts and simply prints messages that belong to these contacts, but it has nothing to do with real groupchat support

Offline Llewen

« Reply #5 on: 07 11 2017, 23:57:59 »
Well whether Miranda NG supports ICQ group chats or not, the fact remains that they generally work, and I've been using them for years, on Miranda NG.  The only thing that doesn't work is that the names of individual posters don't show.  It would be nice to see full group chat support implemented.  It's a feature I use all the time.  Although I've never tried to start a group chat myself.  My guess is that I can't do that either, but I certainly can participate in group chats, and do.
« Last Edit: 07 11 2017, 23:59:37 by Llewen »