Author Topic: ICQ protocol - contacts always online  (Read 9069 times)

Offline FJS

ICQ protocol - contacts always online
« on: 24 06 2016, 06:24:44 »
Every contact which starts using official ICQ10 version stay online in Miranda contact list, even when goes offline.

Verified with friends which hibernate, go sleep or power off they PCs and start using last ICQ official client.

On web based ICQ i see green point by contact which is online and date by contact when offline.

Offline sir_qwerty

Re:ICQ protocol - contacts always online
« Reply #1 on: 23 03 2017, 08:42:27 »
Also for English speaking users this is the solution:

This phenomenon comes from protocol evolution in which Online status got slightly adjusted to today's users needs. Current official clients report "permanent online" status to central servers and these keep the user's session online indefinitely till they manually and explicitly logoff using such command in app's menu. Otherwise mobile user with official app can lose connection and server still report him/her online. In the meantime this user's friends can send him/her messages. Whenever mobile app regains connection it PULLS the messages from servers (contrary to past). When the user connects using Miranda later and there are messages stored on servers pending, the ICQ.DLL protocol library doesn't pull them and just waits for PUSH just like in the old days. The thing is that servers don't push if the user has some active session. This seems like message loss but fortunatelly just for Miranda. Logging into official client (e.g. web based one) reveals all messages.

Anyway, if you get trapped in server session, then please follow this procedure to stop confusing your friends:

• Go to ICQ.COM website
  • login to the website with your UIN and password (don't login to web-based ICQ client!)
  • click on your logged user's nickname and follow My Profile -> Sessions list (website's right column, link)
  • click on END ALL SESSIONS
  • logout from ICQ.COM website

Enjoy your traditional Online/offline Miranda ICQ statuses just like in the old days. And don't forget: whenever you use official client for mobile OSes, don't forget to logoff properly after your chat session is over.
« Last Edit: 06 06 2017, 16:33:09 by sir_qwerty »

Offline Robyer

Re: ICQ protocol - contacts always online
« Reply #2 on: 23 03 2017, 19:57:55 »
sir_qwerty, thanks, I copied the solution to wiki: http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:ICQ/en

... perhaps you could provide also longer explanation in english (as you did in czech language)? :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #3 on: 11 05 2017, 15:33:04 »
Another solution:

Add contact: ID = aolsystemmsg (yes, not numeric)

Send him 1 = Sign out of your ICQ sessions connected from all other locations
Send him 2 = Tell you how many locations you currently signed-in from.

But it (and solution with closing sessions via icq.com) affect only for you, not for your contacts. As long as the contacts use ICQ 10 (new protocol with "cloud" support) they will always be online in Miranda.
« Last Edit: 11 05 2017, 15:37:53 by dartraiden »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 11 05 2017, 16:45:42 »
dartraiden, interesting, could you update wiki with this info too?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline dartraiden

Re:ICQ protocol - contacts always online
« Reply #5 on: 11 05 2017, 19:16:44 »
Done.

The following users thanked this post: Robyer