Author Topic: time in message formatting in tabsrmm  (Read 2440 times)

Offline cirocco

time in message formatting in tabsrmm
« on: 21 07 2016, 06:20:37 »
Hello
 I would like to format date/time in messages in such a way that messages from today does not have date prefix, but older messages have day prefix. How can I do that?
 Having day displayed in every message is unnecessary, but for older messages I want to know the date, if it was 2 or 3 days ago.
Thanks for any help.

Offline AnrDaemon

Re: time in message formatting in tabsrmm
« Reply #1 on: 23 07 2016, 01:29:40 »
I don't see it possible.
Also, if a message was sent yesterday, but you've had the chat log open, how would you know if it was fresh or from a day ago?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 23 07 2016, 02:15:22 »
It could be possible using an ieview+tabsrmm combo.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 06 09 2016, 02:56:56 »
I think you can achieve something similar by using Tabsrmm's message internal log, just with properly set template:

The *#* character means that the variable does only apply to *old* events, that is, events which are loaded from the history when you open a message window. Contrary, the *$* character does the opposite – the variable will only show up in new events. You can use these modifiers to get different message formatting for old and new events.
( http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:TabSRMM/en/Templates#About_modifiers )

So, for new messages you won't show date at all, but for old ones (loaded when opening message window) you show the date.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.