Author Topic: Twitter plugin doesn't treat tweets as messages  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Xaphox

Twitter plugin doesn't treat tweets as messages
« on: 21 01 2016, 17:20:51 »
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the twitter plugin. Allthough I checked the box in front of "Treat tweets as messages" Miranda NG doesn't do so. Messages from Facebook or Jabber appear in the task bar, but not a single tweet. I searched the internet and this forum to find a solution but didn't find anything that could fix my problem. So I hope that you can help me.

I use Miranda NG v0.95.4 #13028 x64 on a Windows 10 64 bit system. Thank you in advance for your support!

Best

Xaphox

Offline Xaphox

Re: Twitter plugin doesn't treat tweets as messages
« Reply #1 on: 22 01 2016, 12:59:16 »
I wonder if no-one has any idea how to fix my problem or if there's something wrong with my post. If there's something wrong, please tell me.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 22 01 2016, 17:48:08 »
Nothing wrong! But I recommend updating to dev version of miranda.

There were some updates to how stuff is handled, and maybe the dev version will work.

@ log http://trac.miranda-ng.org/log/trunk/protocols/Twitter?action=stop_on_copy&mode=stop_on_copy&rev=16145&stop_rev=13028&limit=999

Do keep in mind that you need to update miranda to dev version as well, not just one plugin - else it won't work. Best to make a full backup, update to dev, see if it works and if not, come back and post about it! :)

Offline Xaphox

« Reply #3 on: 25 01 2016, 17:28:20 »
Hi Vulpix,

thanks for your support.

I updated to the latest dev version of Miranda NG, but that didn't fix my problem. Anyway, I think the login into my Twitter account doesn't work correctly with Miranda NG, allthough Miranda lists my Twitter contacts. But in the account configuration menu I see an <unknown> next to "Username" in the left field. On the right side (account information) I can change server an group's name but the field behind username is blank.

I tried to login in my Twitter account via Miranda NG a several times by authorising Miranda NG to access my Twitter account. After that, I can see my Twitter username in the account configuration menu, but a little bit later the username has disappeared. I don't knwo why, but I think that this could be the reason, why Miranda doesn't show me tweets as messages.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Best

Xaphox

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #4 on: 25 01 2016, 18:18:43 »
I would recommend capturing a netlog and posting it here along with version info and a clear description of the issue/reproduction steps.

I don't know who maintains the twitter protocol, but I think if you post the details here, one of the devs will take a peek :)

Offline Schumi

« Reply #5 on: 03 02 2016, 07:58:20 »
I do not use twitter ~ 6 months. Last week start use. I have no problems with login, but I do not get tweets as messages too.
So bad :(

Offline eskaton

« Reply #6 on: 16 08 2016, 00:02:14 »
I'm having the same issue. I've included a link for my netlog. I left Miranda running (latest dev version/plugins) for about an hour, and during that time three tweets were shown on my timeline but not in Miranda. I have the Twitter plugin configured in Miranda to poll every 180 seconds.

https://app.box.com/s/htbok3xkcw6m882nb9qdjjo4vh92hg42

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #7 on: 18 08 2016, 12:21:45 »
To me they have never ever showing as messages to begin with.
Ever since M-IM.