Author Topic: Facebook issues  (Read 3109 times)

Offline newsjunkie247

Facebook issues
« on: 27 03 2016, 17:25:06 »
Hi,
For a few days now the Facebook plugin has not been showing the online status at all. Everyone is set to either away or on the phone. Is anyone else having this issue and can it be fixed? Also in the very newest versions of the Facebook protocol the "FetchMobile" function is not working at all. I know it's imperfect, but I would still like to have it as an option. Thank you! (It still seems to somewhat working with a protocol version from early February)

Offline strettonbull

Re: Facebook issues
« Reply #1 on: 27 03 2016, 18:06:31 »
Yes I have the same problem. Every friend has their status set to "away". This has been happening for about 24 hours.
The weird thing is, that on a different computer it is OK, even with the same Miranda files that do not work on my main computer.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 28 03 2016, 12:00:32 »
Hmm, well, Facebook changed way of notifying about contact status changes, but still support the old way (old request for polling buddy list). But maybe for some users/computers it was somehow changed...

I don't have this problem so I can't fix it by myself. But it's weird that it works on different computer for you...
I would need to have some HTTP logs from that broken account to fix it. You can install Fiddler, capture communication for Miranda's FB plugin - you need to start Fiddler and set HTTPS proxy in Miranda's options / networks for the Facebook account. To address 127.0.0.1 and port 8888. Then you will see in Fiddler all communication going via Miranda. And that's what I need - you can save that log, capturing communication containing /buddy_list.php requests (I'm interested only in these), save them and send them to my e-mail. But don't share these logs elsewhere publicly as it contains private data.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline strettonbull

« Reply #3 on: 28 03 2016, 12:31:48 »
It's very strange, but the problem has cured itself today. The Facebook status have now started to appear correctly.

It started when Miranda was unable to log in because It said that Facebook thought I had a virus, which I did not have. I could log in in my browser, but not with Miranda.

I cured the log in problem by using a .dat file from my other computer.

Now, my only problem is that I cannot post links to Facebook or in messages.

It says: "As a security precaution you can't take this action because your computer may be infected with a virus or a malicious browser extension."

Offline newsjunkie247

« Reply #4 on: 28 03 2016, 15:10:56 »
Ok, I think I have enabled Fiddler (on Windows) to capture Miranda NG. Can you maybe PM me the email address I should send this information to and exactly what file you would like?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 28 03 2016, 16:09:46 »
newsjunkie247,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzycx990tfrm7mw/fiddler.png?dl=0

E-mail address or my other IM's you can see here: http://www.robyer.cz/en/home/contacts/

(But I don't know when exactly I will have time to fix it.)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.