Author Topic: Contact status listed as "offline"  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Vulpix

Contact status listed as "offline"
« on: 02 11 2015, 07:10:31 »
I have a very strange issue.

Contacts in the contact list show up as offline in the contact state field. The protocol icon and the status message itself is correct though.

The contact state field will show correct value after I right-click the contact and select "read away/online/etc message" .

Restarting/updating miranda does nothing. This affects steam and tox protocol but it could be other protocols too.

Edit: when I check the contact in the db, it has two entries named Status. Exact same entries, exact same value - 40072. When I check some contact that is really offline, it only has one entry for status and the entry says "*** buggy resident ***"
« Last Edit: 02 11 2015, 07:17:23 by Vulpix »

Offline ghazan

Re: Contact status listed as "offline"
« Reply #1 on: 02 11 2015, 10:06:52 »
Vulpix, you need to wipe out false residents once
Database editor -> Actions -> Fix resident settings

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 02 11 2015, 17:20:09 »
Thanks! I did that, it removed 1000 or so false residents.... sadly the issue remains. The contacts do at least now have only one status entry in db, and no buggy residents.

Any other ideas?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #3 on: 02 11 2015, 18:23:42 »
Just for illustration of what I'm seeing:

Oh, I figured it out.

When I go to clist options and set the 2nd row item (status) to normal, it works as expected. When I check the "xstatus has priority", this behavior occurs.

Why is that? What changed? I haven't changed this option recently. Why do I have to disable it now?

EDIT2:
Okay maybe not. It started showing "away" for people who were online with this setting, so I switched it back (to use xstatus) and now it looks correct. Online/away/etc is showing properly.

I have no idea what's going on.
« Last Edit: 02 11 2015, 19:26:12 by Vulpix »

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #4 on: 21 11 2015, 10:17:42 »
I was able to give watcher a miranda profile where this behavior is reproducible. If you want a copy Ghazan, I can send it over. It is still happening and it's mildly annoying :D

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #6 on: 22 03 2016, 17:41:10 »
Fixed in http://trac.miranda-ng.org/changeset/16523/ , thanks @Ghazan! (I'm locking this topic)