Author Topic: IEView iframes  (Read 4120 times)

Offline mt17

IEView iframes
« on: 10 06 2015, 13:25:31 »
I'm trying to add iframes (specifically embeded Spotify link) to my ieview template but I only end up with a white space. I'm guessing ieview blocks iframes? Is there anyway to use iframes in ieview? Any other ideas?

Example:
<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Atrack%3A3Nsg24FUYQy5Zu7BFiSUOI" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Offline Wishmaster

Re: IEView iframes
« Reply #1 on: 10 06 2015, 20:18:38 »
It is propably an IE security feature (and it seriously makes sense). Check Internet explorer options.

Offline mt17

« Reply #2 on: 12 06 2015, 14:49:02 »
It is propably an IE security feature (and it seriously makes sense). Check Internet explorer options.

Yeah I agree that it makes sense if I were to render all incoming iframes but in this case I want to convert an incoming Spotify URI to the embedded form. I pretty much trust that Spotify won't start doing dangerous stuff in their iframes.

How do I access the Internet Explorer options for ieview so I can check them?

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #3 on: 12 06 2015, 15:25:29 »
There's no separate options "for IEView". If you trust a site, add it to trusted sites list.

Offline mt17

« Reply #4 on: 12 06 2015, 21:36:51 »
There's no separate options "for IEView". If you trust a site, add it to trusted sites list.

Ah, so I should go into IE11 and change the internet settings and it will apply to IEView as well? If so it really doesn't seem to work to use an iframe in the message log since I've tested lowering the security there to as low as possible And added the spotify host to the trusted sites but I still only get a blank space where the iframe content should be  :( maybe it's not a security issue, maybe the ieview dll isn't can't handle rendering of iframes?  ???

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #5 on: 13 06 2015, 01:13:58 »
you're right.. doesn't work anymore.. (though I think it used to work)
Also, I've tested it with most IE security settings disabled, white list and even a local src for the iframe, nothing worked... so it's maybe an issue with IEView...