Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 181973 times)

Offline peci1

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #345 on: 12 07 2019, 15:32:08 »
peci1,
then open dbeditor++, Settings - SkypeWeb_1 - and remove that address from settings

Is it possible I don't see this setting? I see SKYPE_1 and SkypeClassic, but not SkypeWeb_1. I'm using SkypeWeb 0.12.3.3 and no other skype plugin (however, I did use other plugins in the past).

Offline peci1

« Reply #346 on: 12 07 2019, 15:50:37 »
Okay, I found that SKYPE_1 is actually what I want. I deleted the Server setting, restarted Miranda, and now it started to connect to  client-s.gateway.messenger.live.com:443 instead, which looks much better. After that, Miranda was still protesting (SSL negotioation error), but now it finally started working again. Thanks for help!

Do you have any idea how it happened that the server setting got changed?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #347 on: 12 07 2019, 17:46:53 »
peci1,
I modified code in the development version not to store that server info anymore, so it will be reinitialized each time you run Miranda. The first login will take a bit more time, but it will connect anyway

The following users thanked this post: peci1, AnrDaemon

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #348 on: 22 03 2020, 12:12:39 »
In the last days I'm getting a lot of disconnections in Skype. Is it just me?

Offline ablazhov

« Reply #349 on: 22 03 2020, 16:28:18 »
In the last days I'm getting a lot of disconnections in Skype. Is it just me?

Same here.
Tried old Miranda (0.95.8.1) and the newest Miranda (0.95.11).
No problems if using official Skype client though...
My location - Bulgaria

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #350 on: 22 03 2020, 17:27:18 »
official Skype client
Official web client or native client?

Miranda uses web API, therefore, the problem may be related to web Skype high load (coronavirus, peoples staying at home, etc)
« Last Edit: 22 03 2020, 17:31:59 by dartraiden »

Offline ablazhov

« Reply #351 on: 22 03 2020, 17:38:14 »
Official web client or native client?

I meant the currently available desktop application v8.58 from here: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
I think it is based on SkypeWeb protocol.

Not that I use this piece of  $#!@  but I needed to verify it isn't a communication problem on my side.
« Last Edit: 22 03 2020, 17:39:49 by ablazhov »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #352 on: 23 03 2020, 11:14:26 »
ablazhov,
Frankly speaking, for web protocols like Skype there is no such a thing like disconnection... these protocols are stateless, i.e. they can start & continue execution from any point, running no persistent connections.

The protocol implementation in Miranda presumes the existence of that persistent connection, to simplify packet handling, but in this case you can be dropped from a frontend server time to time, that's a normal practice to better spread the workload among the servers.

Offline fff

« Reply #353 on: 25 03 2020, 14:42:45 »
I have to report the same problem. A couple of days ago SkypeWeb on Miranda started to get frequent disconnects. And today a new problem appeared - it connects, but the whole userlist is "offline". You can still get new incoming messages though.

The server load problem could exist. But nevertheless, both official Skype for Web and the native clients work normally.
May be MS is experimenting again changing the protocol or trying to ban unofficial clients.

Now Miranda is the only tool to access Skype on Win XP machines and I must say Thank you for that. Спасибо!
I also agree with ablazhov, about the piece of $ht stuff from Microsoft. Unfortunately it is hard to completely move away from it.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #354 on: 26 03 2020, 16:13:26 »
Try the latest development version. We pushed some fix.

Offline fff

« Reply #355 on: 26 03 2020, 23:39:38 »
I tried the development version (dev. ver. of SkypeWeb on dev. ver. of Miranda-NG)

With my old profile I have the same problem - all contacts offline. New messages arrive (but those users look offline).

I deleted the profile completely, created a new one. First I had the same - all offline. From a third or forth login attempt _some_ users appeared online (but those whom I knew to be online for sure appeared as off-line).
With the first login attempts Mirandas' CPU usage was 50-100% / core for a couple of minutes.

I tried different configurations, back and forth - either half of the users are online with a new profile or all offline with the old profile.
In BOTH cases there are still frequent disconnects every ~3-5 minutes, in both profiles - old or new.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #356 on: 27 03 2020, 12:45:53 »

Offline ablazhov

« Reply #357 on: 01 04 2020, 10:08:33 »
Shortly after the Skype disconnections began, I started to notice some of my Skype contacts being shown as Offline (not all of them though). For at least 3 of those contacts I was able to confirm that they are in fact Online (by launching M$'s Skype app). Even though they appear as Offline we are able to communicate. They can see I am Online.

I believe M$ changed something in their protocol (again), because other IM clients employing SkypeWeb protocol are experiencing the same effects - for example Pidgin with SkypeWeb protocol.

EDIT: Starting from today (02. April 2020) all my contacts are Offline. Miranda version doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: 02 04 2020, 06:20:17 by ablazhov »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #358 on: 02 04 2020, 14:25:50 »
Developer cannot reproduce the problem, all contacts are online...

We need netlog

Offline ghazan

« Reply #359 on: 02 04 2020, 15:16:27 »
ablazhov,
just checked - all status notifications are coming in ok.