Author Topic: Force MirandaNG cliente to listen on a specific port  (Read 5006 times)

Offline carlos

Hello everybody,

after checking, trying, read, re-read and lots of things for loooong time, I need to ask for help, if someone could give some light...
I'm trying to monitor MirandaNG running as a service by monitoring the service. The problem is that if MirandaNG is running as a service, no message can be sent.
So, the other option, the choosen, is to leave MirandaNG as a process, and monitoring the process (IP/Port associated), but I can not find the way to force MirandaNG process to run in a specific port always. By doing it, checkin IP/Port I could confirm if MIrandaNG process is running or not, and do the appropiate tasks.
Could, please, anybody tell me if it's possible or not, and in case yes how to do it?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Offline ghazan

Re: Force MirandaNG cliente to listen on a specific port
« Reply #1 on: 07 01 2015, 15:21:30 »
you don't have to run M on the specific port to verify whether it's running or not
just open a process or use utilities like tasklist

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq miranda32.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "miranda32.exe">nul
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" echo Miranda is running

Offline carlos

« Reply #2 on: 08 01 2015, 11:01:11 »
Thanks for your help!!

My doubt is if it could be possible  to configure MirandaNG Clients to listen on a specific port.
The reason why is that we are already using an internal-official tool to monitor everything that, for example, check IP&Port.

I think it's better to have one single monitor point instead of several monitoring tools.

Thanks in advance and regards

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 08 01 2015, 13:17:59 »
Miranda NG typically doesn't listen on any ports, because it's useless.
Almost all protocols are used to connect to another servers, using the random local port as src addr

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #4 on: 08 01 2015, 15:43:39 »
well... if he installs the HTTPServer or FTPFile addon, he might have a port "something" listens on^^
Still agree that using a port for this kind of thing is a really bad idea^^

Offline Holod2

« Reply #5 on: 20 08 2015, 19:26:06 »
well... if he installs the HTTPServer or FTPFile addon, he might have a port "something" listens on^^
Still agree that using a port for this kind of thing is a really bad idea^^
What is the HTTPServer port? May be need to open in router or i dunno why httpserver doesn't work for me.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #6 on: 20 08 2015, 20:16:47 »
Default port should be 80... (TCP)
You can change that however, in Options->Network, select "HTTP Server" from drop down and set your "Incoming" port. Then either restart Miranda or Menu->Disable HTTP Server (x2)

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #7 on: 20 08 2015, 23:00:28 »
I'm trying to monitor MirandaNG running as a service by monitoring the service. The problem is that if MirandaNG is running as a service, no message can be sent.
Forgive my ignorance, but WHY you are running Miranda as SERVICE?