Author Topic: How to load a profile from command line?  (Read 5247 times)

Offline cakira

• Miranda loyal user since it was called Miranda ICQ
How to load a profile from command line?
« on: 28 01 2014, 20:33:19 »
Hello!
Is there a way to load a database profile from command line? Miranda IM had this feature, but it seems absent from Miranda NG.

Why I'd like to have this:
I have two profiles in Miranda: one for personal accounts and the other one for my work accounts. Each one has a different skin and notification settings.
I usually open both profiles and, in Miranda IM, I used to have a shortcut for each one of them. But this does not work since I migrated to Miranda NG.
So, everyday I must start two instances of Miranda and, in profile manager, select the profile I want to use for that instance. It's not critical, but after some months, it started becoming a tedious process for something that worked fine before.

Offline Wishmaster

Re: How to load a profile from command line?
« Reply #1 on: 29 01 2014, 08:45:01 »
Hi,
it should work in the same way as old Miranda IM, using /profile: switch.
How does your mirandaboot.ini look like?

Offline cakira

• Miranda loyal user since it was called Miranda ICQ
« Reply #2 on: 31 01 2014, 14:36:08 »
Sorry for the delay. The reply notification was in my e-mail's spam folder.  :-(

I was going to reply, but I've just saw this bug ticket:
http://trac.miranda-ng.org/ticket/347

The old Miranda IM didn't need this /profile:
I guess this was really changed in Miranda NG and I couldn't find a documentation for it.

Case closed! Thank you!

Post Merge: 31 01 2014, 14:59:59
After some research, I really could not find the specification for Miranda NG command line parameters.

Therefore, as a proactive user, I created I new account (cakira) in Miranda NG's wiki and I was going to input this newfound information. But my wiki account isn't allowed to edit. Could someone unlock it?

By the way, 1) I don't know the complete command line parameters list, 2) I can't edit the wiki and 3) even if I could, I don't know how to categorize this information in the wiki.
Could someone be my guide in this process? (Я не знаю, как говорить по-русски. Пока не.)
« Last Edit: 31 01 2014, 14:59:59 by cakira »

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 31 01 2014, 15:21:17 »
Hi,
thanks for our help, you have been unlocked :)

I just know about
- /profile: - to start with a specified profile
- /svc: - to start in service mode with plugins that support it (dbchecker, dbeditor, crashdumper, versioninfo, i think thats all) - e.g., /svc:dbchecker will start DBChecker, replacement for DBTool in Miranda IM
- /debug - only useful for debugging

Now we have an FAQ-post about that
« Last Edit: 31 01 2014, 22:48:30 by Wishmaster »