Author Topic: moving to miranda-NG  (Read 3691 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline elaci0Topic starter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 0
moving to miranda-NG
« on: 14 01 2014, 14:50:42 »
Hi there!
 I'm trying to move to Miranda-NG, mostly because its better support for skype and facebook.
While converting the profile I found out that during past years something weird happened with the users' history and some of their messages have "chinese" characters inside.
I suspect that something wrong happened when I moved from ANSI to  Unicode because I tried to load an old ANSI  miranda-im  with an old  profile.dat   and I see messages correctly.
Now I'm looking for a way to have coherent with unicode. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
 a.
 

Offline Robyer

Re:moving to miranda-NG
« Reply #1 on: 14 01 2014, 15:31:07 »
Hi, try to run DBChecker (http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:DbChecker/en) and then check some option to "Convert messages to unicode" (or something like that).
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.
 

Offline elaci0Topic starter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 0
Re: moving to miranda-NG
« Reply #2 on: 15 01 2014, 08:38:58 »
Hi, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately also "converting" to unicode did not solve my problem: those message are still in "chinese" :-(
is there any tool that I can use to browse the history part of the database  ?
 

Offline Robyer

Re:moving to miranda-NG
« Reply #3 on: 15 01 2014, 10:56:00 »
No.
Could you try to use Unicode Miranda IM and see if it has same problem as NG?

Another solution could be to export history from your old working version (with userinfoex, basichistory, mcontacts,... plugin) and then import it back in NG.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.
 

Offline elaci0Topic starter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 0
Re: moving to miranda-NG
« Reply #4 on: 15 01 2014, 12:15:56 »
yep, i'm playing with old versions of MirandaIM. I'm quite sure something wrong happened in the past and if I open   profile.dat  with an ANSI miranda I can see all the messages. If I do with a Unicode   I cannot.
I tried to export the  profile.dat   with  "Dbtool.exe"  but it always crash while exporting if  UTF8 conversion is checked. I always crash at the same point. I tried the conversion also after a rebuild with Aggresive corruption check, but still crashes.


I will try your suggested plugins, I have hundred of contacts so It could be a pain to export all of them on by one  an then reimporting. I'm now trying with  message_Exp  just to see what is the result.

thanks for your help
 

Offline elaci0Topic starter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 0
Re: moving to miranda-NG
« Reply #5 on: 16 01 2014, 15:41:55 »
ok I played with all sort of plugins/versions  but no luck.
I found that only one contact has problem. I thouight that just importing somehow his history could solve the problem but I don't know how to do it. Also, is there any way to export metacontacts messages  in its  .dat  format?

the problems I have encountered are:
- miranda 0.6-->0.9  ANSI  can view the message correctly
- miranda 0.7-->09  UNICODE   no
- history++ 1.5.x    cannot see those messages in any case (ANSI or not). I guess the  2in1 is not working well in this case
- history++ 1.4   can see those messages  but can export only  TXT, HTML, XML
- message_exp    can export corectly messages in TXT 
- importTXT  plugin doesn't work at all ("missing header")  but only with   metacontacts (exported by history++)
- having metacontacts working in  miranda-0.8    and reusing   the   profile.dat   in   miranda-ng  still with  metacontacts enabled  does not work (i see the chinese instead)
- last resort, trying to edit with   history_editor.dll+miranda0.6   does not work, messages are screwed or deleted once I change them


thanks!


Post Merge: 16 01 2014, 17:16:36

okay, in the end I thought that I could "easily"  HEX edit the   profile.dat  and try to adjust by hand those parts with problems. It seems working now, I have "clean" messages and  dbchecking is also fine.

maybe I almost ready to start!

« Last Edit: 16 01 2014, 17:16:36 by elaci0 »