Author Topic: Steam protocol  (Read 111132 times)

Offline Vulpix

• Beta Tester
Re: Steam protocol
« Reply #540 on: 24 04 2019, 14:50:34 »
I use the steam proto on a daily basis and it works for me as well (though it is perhaps a bit less stable than the others; disconnects often... but that is a steam problem rather than miranda one I feel)

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #541 on: 25 04 2019, 05:43:39 »
try to login via the browser, maybe it will say smth

I tried before. Nothing unusual. Tried right now - it have my last chats, in Friday and Sunday, and last one was with non-worked Miranda already, but still nothing unusual. Tried to logout/login, tried to change saved password, nothing changed... I have no idea what it wants. :(

How can I see what happens actually? I seen in this thread that people can check full connection logs - what am I need for that?

Offline Vulpix

• Beta Tester
« Reply #542 on: 25 04 2019, 06:06:07 »
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/Network_log this describes how to enable and configure netlog.

Make sure to give your netlog a look before you post it here, it can contain your login tokens and such.

Offline Ratha

« Reply #543 on: 25 04 2019, 08:09:36 »
After some Miranda updates (in last week) Steam plugin stopped to work.

It simply not connects. I see attempt to connect, then logout with pop-up window "Status error".

(I don't have log, and I forgot how to enable it, sorry :(

Its rare for Steam to have issues that persist multiple days, and im not running the same version you are most likely, but one thing that often works for me when steam refuses to connect or pop up a new authentication window for the mobile auth code is to clear the value under the following category if you have the Database Editor++ installed:
Right Click Menu > Database > Database Editor++ > Settings > Steam_[Profilename] > TokenSecret

Occasionally i also clear the values for SessionID and UMQID as well if clearing just the TokenSecret didnt work. Then close Miranda, wait a minute or two, open it again, and it'll usually allow me to reconnect / ask me for my auth token. For reference my version  is 0.95.11 alpha build #21135. Ive never seen a "Status error" popup of any kind for Steam in all the time i've used the plugin. Am guessing thats something new or has something to do with other plugins you're using.

Providing full version info text as well as network logs from the Options > Network > Logging > menu may allow someone to help diagnose your trouble. (You will want to scrub any sensitive information thats in these logs first though. Best way is to start Miranda clean, dont log into any services, log only Steam and Miranda, try to login. It should fail quickly so then you can turn off logging and it wont be so massive you cant clean it up.)

Additionally, something to try: Backup your client, create a new user profile, and or try to sign into Steam using a completely new (portable) install and profile. If you can login, close the new program and fire up your old version and see if it you still have the same problem. If so its something related to either your version, plugins, or profile.

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #544 on: 26 04 2019, 09:10:02 »
one thing that often works for me when steam refuses to connect or pop up a new authentication window for the mobile auth code is to clear the value under the following category if you have the Database Editor++ installed:
Right Click Menu > Database > Database Editor++ > Settings > Steam_[Profilename] > TokenSecret

Occasionally i also clear the values for SessionID and UMQID as well if clearing just the TokenSecret didnt work.
I cleared all three, then plugin asked authentication, and after that worked. Great. :) Thank you for the tip!

Offline Ratha

« Reply #545 on: 26 04 2019, 09:41:42 »
I cleared all three, then plugin asked authentication, and after that worked. Great. :) Thank you for the tip!

Glad to hear it, not entirely sure what causes this problem, sometimes it seems like i can go months without having it, and other times it'll happen a few times a month. Its almost like either the token expires and Miranda cant figure out how to refresh it or isnt programmed to recognize when it has expired via Steam's response to trying to use it, or perhaps Steam just stops responding to login requests from a certain token or ID after awhile or after too many connection attempts.