Author Topic: Facebook and MSN status affects YAMN  (Read 8564 times)

Offline Whiplash

Facebook and MSN status affects YAMN
« on: 28 11 2013, 17:33:02 »
Yo. For all my mail accounts I checked YAMN option "Use contact notification for this account". All worked well at first, but after I turned my Facebook proto to "Invisible", my "mail contacts" seems to act just like they belong to Facebook now - so, they turned to invisible too. :) If I set Facebook's status to "Online", YAMN mail contacts will show up again. So, now I'm forced to use "Online" always.
I also tried to see what will happen if I pick "offline" for Facebook, and that doesn't affect YAMN mail contacts. Also, once I made wrong set up for an mail account, and Facebook didn't affect that one too.
So, seems like Facebook's "invisible" status affects all the properly created (green icons) YAMN mail contacts on the Miranda NG's contact list.

Edit: I just tried one another trick. I created separated group for YAMN contacts, and moved them there. But god damn Facebook still affects them.  :)
And, damn, even MSN's status does the same thing.
« Last Edit: 28 11 2013, 18:35:16 by Whiplash »

Offline Whiplash

Re: Facebook and MSN status affects YAMN
« Reply #1 on: 04 12 2013, 22:52:03 »
One another thing should be tested here. When I'm in YAMN's options and check "Use contact notification for this account", it opens me 2 more sub-options down there: "Replace nickname" and "Disable Events".
This post is related to the 2nd one ("Disable Events") - seems it doesn't work.
I mean, even I check it on, Miranda NG still informs me about every mailbox checking. I set its interval to 2 mins, and now my system tray icon is blinking every 2 mins and each of those mail checking are still counted as "events" that I'm still informed about. I guess that's the way that YAMN shouldn't work like.
Each of those events are described as "my_mail_1@blabla.com is Online", "my_mail_2@blabla.com is Online" etc. It's disturbing.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #2 on: 05 12 2013, 06:46:33 »
I have seperate group for my YAMN contacts. For every accounts I have: "Only check when.."->every "not offline" option; "Use contact notification for this account"->"Disable Events"; "Notifications"->"New Mail"->"Message"; and in Ignore options for all YAMN contacs I ignore everything except messages. For me it works good. You can try it.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #3 on: 05 12 2013, 12:22:19 »
Nah, I like to be notified by Tray Icon only. ;)

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #4 on: 26 12 2013, 11:27:11 »
I noticed one more thing about this. YAMN will actually be affected by the "invisible" status of MSN or Facebook only if that status is unchecked inside of YAMN's option "Only check when...". So, now I'm forced to keep checked all the boxes in there in order to be sure I'll avoid all status bugs. I'm happy cause I found the way to keep my "mail contacts" on the contact list, but it's still a bug I guess. ;)
Good thing here is that all boxes inside of "Only check when..." option are checked by default. So, not many people will notice it.
« Last Edit: 26 12 2013, 11:30:23 by Whiplash »