Author Topic: Sudden apostrophe text problem!  (Read 5238 times)

Offline TekWiz

Sudden apostrophe text problem!
« on: 05 08 2024, 00:37:03 »
Hi! Everything has been working fine for a while. Suddenly I had the message update problem again, so I checked for updates. But now with the latest update, (Skype) (v0.96.5 build #27202 (6821ba20db) x64) suddenly anytime there is an apostrophe it becomes ' like this: it's Don't worry you won't need... Very strange! I tried different fonts but same problem.

The apostrophe appears fine on old messages, the problem is on all new messages! I first noticed it when I updated from the server, the latest messages actually changed themselves to this funny error apostrophe. Of course the apostrophes appear correctly in the web skype, so it's some interpretation problem?
« Last Edit: 05 08 2024, 06:46:21 by TekWiz »

Offline ghazan

Re: Sudden apostrophe text problem!
« Reply #1 on: 05 08 2024, 12:48:10 »
TekWiz, it must have been fixed now, try to update.
thanks for reporting

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #2 on: 05 08 2024, 13:42:59 »
YVW Ghazan! Always glad to help! :) Well I just before updating right now, a message I got came through with correct apostrophes, so I updated and then did a "load server history" and the correct apostrophes turned to the ' again! So it's happening when it checks against the server, there's some mismatch?

Version:
Miranda NG Version: 0.96.5 build #27203 (370114f6c0) x64
¤ SkypeWeb.dll v.0.96.6.1 [Monday, August 05, 2024 3:31:30 PM] - Skype protocol (Web)

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 06 08 2024, 07:02:43 »
So it's happening when it checks against the server, there's some mismatch?
perhaps the same problem in the history sync code, I'll look at it today later

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #4 on: 06 08 2024, 16:37:00 »
Hi! Thanks so much! Yeah, again it didn't pick up new messages earlier so I did another update just now and when doing server history, it received the new ones with ' and also messed up previous ones which were fine as live ones... So yeah maybe it's the sync... I know MS keeps messing with it like mad, like they have nothing better to do...  :(

Offline ghazan

« Reply #5 on: 06 08 2024, 16:39:08 »
ugh, this bug is already fixed in the dev version, I've forgotten to rebuild the stable version with this fix
try to update in an hour

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #6 on: 06 08 2024, 22:03:32 »
Hi! Thanks!!!  ;D

So I came home and updated to this:

Miranda NG Version: 0.96.5 build #27205 (0ea3642b79) x64
¤ SkypeWeb.dll v.0.96.6.1 [Tuesday, August 06, 2024 7:55:16 PM] - Skype protocol (Web)

So now the apostrophe bug has been quashed and squashed!  :)

But the "lazy" receive and send behavior where I can send a message and it's sent but Miranda thinks it hasn't here and there (and I have to manually update) still seems there. Was so good for weeks though, it was real smooth, till the other day.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #7 on: 07 08 2024, 07:43:08 »
But the "lazy" receive and send behavior where I can send a message and it's sent but Miranda thinks it hasn't here and there (and I have to manually update) still seems there. Was so good for weeks though, it was real smooth, till the other day.
m? I don't get the idea, as for me sent messages are displayed normally both in private & group chats

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #8 on: 07 08 2024, 23:30:19 »
Well like today, someone sent me several messages and they never showed. So I did load server history, and after some delay, it updated but it also messed up yesterday's messages converting messages I sent to appear as if the other person sent them, like a whole consecutive bunch of them. So I ended the program and reverted to the previous database and it did that a few times with the same problem. I even tried to do an "update server IDs" in the database management, but that didn't have an effect before or after. Finally the last time I tried, it didn't mess up the old messages and just added the few new messages.

So then I replied to the messages, wrote one long message and when I sent it, as has happened in the past, it didn't show up, and after waiting eventually the orange checkmark showed (but on Skype, yes the message did show up, not surprisingly, it only doesn't show when it fails instantly when trying to send) so I then I loaded server history and again it messed up a whole bunch of previous message making all my messages appear as if the other side sent them! So I quit, reverted, and then in database settings did the update server IDs and also mark all messages as read, and it said it marked 26 messages as read. Then I did the load server history and this time while it did this quick "blinking behavior" showing a lot of messages are being received (as it seems to do recently when updating server history) it correctly only loaded that last message I just sent.

So seems something's not right... It's like MS is trying hard to break non-official clients lol.

Thank you for all your hard work.
« Last Edit: 07 08 2024, 23:53:29 by TekWiz »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #9 on: 08 08 2024, 18:03:45 »
it updated but it also messed up yesterday's messages converting messages I sent to appear as if the other person sent them,
how can I reproduce it? write from browser to someone, and then load those messages into Miranda?
I've found a little bug with history sync in group chats, but it shall work flawlessly for private chats

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #10 on: 08 08 2024, 18:53:32 »
Hi! Well yeah if it's not working right I log in with the Web Skype (I could also use the desktop version) to see what's going on. Exactly, when it's phlegmatic like that, it won't update new messages without me loading server history. (And sometimes claim a message failed to send when it didn't!) But funnily today it's working flawlessly again, messages are being received and sending with no issues. So the only logical explanation is that something has been modified on the server side, we know they keep messing with it endlessly. Today I had 2 more people message me, (3 contacts today) and it's all working well again!  ;D

APOSTROPHE PROBLEM WAS RESOLVED!

However the message receiving is problematic again (see other thread) - As of 8/13/2024, no it generally isn't automatically receiving new messages, and if I try to update server history, it tends to change a lot of previous messages, making it seem the other person wrote what I wrote. So I revert to a good database and update history again and then it does just the correct ones!
« Last Edit: 13 08 2024, 18:12:46 by TekWiz »