Author Topic: Miranda NG began to automatically shut down after a while  (Read 2729 times)

Offline wor123

Hello:
This is the second case happened to me, that Miranda NG gives me the message "system-shutdown", and disconnecting automatically from all of my XMPP accounts.
What causes this problem?
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 64bit
Miranda NG v0.96.4.1 64bit

Offline dartraiden

Re: Miranda NG began to automatically shut down after a while
« Reply #1 on: 01 07 2024, 12:39:23 »
You Jabber server was shut down/rebooted

"system-shutdown" is a message from the server indicating that the server is shutting down.

Offline Richard43216

« Reply #2 on: 01 08 2024, 12:07:24 »
Hi there,
I've encountered  same issue with Miranda NG. The "system-shutdown" message usually happens due to the operating system initiating a shutdown or restart, which forces Miranda NG to disconnect all accounts. Another possibility is that there might be a conflict or bug within the software itself, causing it  misinterpret certain system signals. It's a good idea to check if you're using the latest version  Miranda NG, as updates often include bug fixes. Additionaly, you might want to look at the logs or settings to see if there's a scheduled task or script that's triggering these disconnections.
Richard 😁

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 01 08 2024, 13:41:02 »
Richard43216,
there's no pre-built "system-shutdown" message in Miranda, this message definitely comes from server, when the OS at the server side sends a signal that it gonna die. The message has nothing in common neither with the client side OS, not with Miranda NG itself