Author Topic: Updated to v0.96.4.1 build #26386, can't log onto Jabber server, ICQ status  (Read 1317 times)

Offline weblurker

Hello.

I just updated to the new build. Miranda can no longer log onto the Lightwitch.org Jabber server.
Miranda returns an error message
"JB Error
policy violation
text. Exceeded max failed authentication attempts,
bye."

Edit:
I told a friend about the issue with Jabber. He made sure that Miranda had successfully logged into the LightWitch Jabber server before the Miranda update. After the update, Miranda was no longer able to login. There was a chance that something had changed on the Jabber to cause the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The problem I had before, where "Favorites' was showing a green online icon, has been solved. After the Miranda update, a phantom ICQ account called "Favorites" appeared. I was able to delete that phantom account. My ICQ contact's account is acting normally, showing a green onlnie icon.
« Last Edit: 08 02 2024, 22:58:21 by weblurker »

Offline ghazan

weblurker,
a network log would be appreciated, core +Jabber

Offline weblurker

weblurker, a network log would be appreciated, core +Jabber

I had Miranda log onto Jabber twice and I've attached the netlog.txt file to this reply.

FWIW, the phantom "Favorite" ICQ account came back when I started Miranda today. I had deleted that phantom account yesterday.

Edit: After exiting Miranda and restarting it, I noticed the netlog.txt file was much larger, with more information. I've attached netlog2.txt to this reply.
« Last Edit: 09 02 2024, 15:43:02 by weblurker »

The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline dartraiden

You cannot delete "Favorite" pseudo contact, only hide.

Offline weblurker

You cannot delete "Favorite" pseudo contact, only hide.
When I do a RMB on the Favorites pseudo contact, a delete option appears. But you're right, the deletion is only temporary, the pseudo contact appears the next time Miranda is started.

How do I hide it? I moved the pseudo contact into the General group, is that how it's done?

Offline dartraiden

https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Changelog/0.96.4.1

You can hide contacts using the checkboxes in the Options → Contacts → Ignore.

The following users thanked this post: weblurker

Offline dartraiden

netlog.txt
The server claims support for SCRAM-SHA-512-PLUS, but does not support TLS... this is nonsense

ghazan, 10.02.2024
[18:39] hint: слово PLUS как раз означает использование одной из двух фич TLS для защиты от MITM
ghazan, 10.02.2024
[18:40] если они включают PLUS, дальше должен идти блок с sasl-channel-binding
ghazan, 10.02.2024
[18:40] а его нет...
ghazan, 10.02.2024
[18:40] щас придется ради них костыль сооружать

« Last Edit: 10 02 2024, 15:45:52 by dartraiden »

Offline ghazan

I had Miranda log onto Jabber twice and I've attached the netlog.txt file to this reply.
well... this server is wrongly configured, because one shall not offer SCRAM-PLUS mechanism without sasl-binding
I've committed a crutch to the development version, it gonna be uploaded in ~30 minutes to the download server
if this fix won't help, reply here, I'll filter out all -PLUS mechanisms if there's no sasl-binding in the server's features

Offline weblurker

well... this server is wrongly configured, because one shall not offer SCRAM-PLUS mechanism without sasl-binding I've committed a crutch to the development version, it gonna be uploaded in ~30 minutes to the download server if this fix won't help, reply here, I'll filter out all -PLUS mechanisms if there's no sasl-binding in the server's features

https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=6458.msg29708#msg29708

[Problems with TLS have come up before with the Lightwitch.org Jabber server. It seems to be misconfigured and when Miranda does the right thing, the Lightwitch server mistakenly throws out an error message. ;-<

Edit:
I tried the development version, 0.96.5, and Miranda was able to successfully log onto the Lightwitch server.

Hopefully you'll include that work around into the next update of the stable version of Miranda.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 10 02 2024, 22:16:52 by weblurker »

Offline ghazan

[Problems with TLS have come up before with the Lightwitch.org Jabber server. It seems to be misconfigured and when Miranda does the right thing, the Lightwitch server mistakenly throws out an error message. ;-<
I beg you pardon, my native language is C++, not English  :D

I tried the development version, 0.96.5, and Miranda was able to successfully log onto the Lightwitch server.
Good, I'll merge it then to the stable, thanks for reporting

The following users thanked this post: weblurker