Author Topic: Database import issue  (Read 2467 times)

Offline janskalicky

Database import issue
« on: 03 05 2022, 13:03:50 »
hi all (new here)

I'm experiencing issues with importing my profile database file into the new version of Miranda NG (0.95.13.1). I am trying to use the profile from version 0.95.12.0 build #23264, where I migrated from Miranda IM 3 approx. years ago (of I remember correctly I have chosen this particular version due to - and maybe it's some dev version - the current support/unsupport of the ICQ protocol).

Now I am doing a clean installation, but I'm not able to use the old profile :( - the import functionality finds nothing there (like "imported contacts: 0, skipped: 1") ; the migration wizard - if I copy the file manually - shows it on startup as "unknown format". The file is ~50MB and I am still able to open/use it in the old version 0.95.12 without issues. The old instance is x32 and new one x64, but I tried installing x32 version of the new one and the result is the same. Any suggestions how to proceed and migrate the old profile to the newest stable version of Miranda NG?

thanks in advance for your replies, Jan

Offline dartraiden

Re: Database import issue
« Reply #1 on: 03 05 2022, 17:23:10 »
Open database in any hex editor (HxD, etc) and post screenshot with first bytes here.
« Last Edit: 03 05 2022, 17:28:37 by dartraiden »

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #2 on: 04 05 2022, 09:46:04 »
> Open database in any hex editor (HxD, etc) and post screenshot with first bytes here.
sending screenshot of the first 0x100 bytes (in the attachment)

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #3 on: 04 05 2022, 11:30:18 »
Your database is MDBX and you need to install dbx_mdbx driver. MDBX is deprecated format, so we do not include this driver into distributive by default.

Install dbx_mdbx via Main menu -> Available components. Miranda will be able to read your old profile and import it to new (SQLite format) profile.

The following users thanked this post: janskalicky

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #4 on: 04 05 2022, 17:13:44 »
that's exactly the explanation and advice I was looking for. Done and imported - thanks :THUMBS UP: One more thing... some of the contacts were imported as [deleted] - I am able to fix it somehow, BUT what is missing is history for those (it's empty for those) - any chance to import even this from the old profile?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #5 on: 04 05 2022, 17:56:54 »
ICQ contacts?

If yes, then these are accounts that were deleted by the server due to inactivity. Their server names have been changed to [deleted]
Therefore, Miranda simply updates their name according to the server.

As for the history... first make sure it is present in the old profile (start Miranda with this old profile without connecting it online)

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #6 on: 04 05 2022, 18:02:39 »
Yes, I have done this experiment in the meantime, and found out the problem is that I have connected with the old version before the migration and the rename happened then. Thus I will do the migration again with the backed up profile (not connected yet). But then I would need to import some of the messages which were for some contacts downloded when I, within the experiments with import, connected with the old profile... is there a way to import those messages for the several contacts specifically?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #7 on: 04 05 2022, 19:06:22 »
Right-click by contact "Load server history". This will download all the messages that exists on the server but missed in the database.
« Last Edit: 04 05 2022, 19:08:24 by dartraiden »

The following users thanked this post: janskalicky

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #8 on: 07 05 2022, 21:30:36 »
> Right-click by contact "Load server history"
this functionality has one neaty characteristics... the server timestamps are quite different from the client archived ones, so it produces a lot of duplicities differing only by a matter of seconds. In the end, it was necessary to clean this up using manual importing from JSON exports. Take it as a idea for improvement how to deal with this... Nontheless thanks for your navigation, it was helpful.