Author Topic: Contact not being shown online, although he IS online!  (Read 3534 times)

Offline mirandatestit

Hi,

I suddenly have the problem that in Miranda NG a contact is no longer shown as online, although he is online. 

The chat window says at the top that he is "offline", although he can chat with me normally. Also, that contact entering the chat room or coming online is no longer displayed/ emphasized.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be due to?

Thanks and kind regards
mirandatestit

Offline dartraiden

Re: Contact not being shown online, although he IS online!
« Reply #1 on: 29 07 2021, 15:11:40 »

Offline mirandatestit

« Reply #2 on: 02 08 2021, 20:40:08 »
Hello,

thanks for your reply!

The problem could be solved by deleting the contact IN MIRANDA and readding it afterwards.

Kind regards
mirandatestit

Offline ellick

« Reply #3 on: 03 09 2021, 14:42:03 »
We need netlog + version info

I see this same thing all the time and it's been like this for a couple of months on ICQ.   
The scenario is I'm online and a friend logs on.  He messages "good morning" but it shows him offline when he just logged on.  He will stay offline unless i browse to his name on my list and right click on his "details" whereupon he immediately pops "online".   He has the same problem if he's online before me but it only seems to occur if it's been a long period (overnight) between logins.   
My guess is that miranda isn't updating the status correctly.     I tried deleting him and re-adding him but it did no good in my case.

Including netlog and version info

Offline ghazan

« Reply #4 on: 10 09 2021, 11:18:40 »
ellick,
the problem is that message "Good morning" goes through Facebook, not via ICQ.
could you please make a network log with only two checkboxes enabled, core & ICQ, with that problem?

Offline ellick

« Reply #5 on: 15 09 2021, 14:40:04 »
ellick,
the problem is that message "Good morning" goes through Facebook, not via ICQ.
could you please make a network log with only two checkboxes enabled, core & ICQ, with that problem?

Sorry it took so long.   He hadn't been on lately.  Why in the world would ICQ be going through Facebook?  Is that something I need to change in Miranda's settings?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #6 on: 22 09 2021, 09:25:43 »
ellick,
hi, which contact was offline? to whom you wrote a message?

Offline ellick

« Reply #7 on: 22 09 2021, 11:51:25 »
ellick,
hi, which contact was offline? to whom you wrote a message?

I only have two contacts on ICQ anymore.  Both are the same person, Les T and Mister T.   One is his work account and the other is at home.  Both do the same thing.

If i'm online and he logs on and says good morning, He always appears  offline in both accounts until I right click on his name and choose "Details" from the miranda options.  Then his accounts immediately pop online. 

He has the same problem with my account.  If he's online and I log on to ICQ, I appear offline to him even if I send a message.   Clicking "details" seems to force Miranda to update the status and is something we discovered while trying to figure out what's causing it.  It's been like this for months. 

Both of us routinely update Miranda NG through the auto-updater..
« Last Edit: 22 09 2021, 11:53:38 by ellick »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #8 on: 16 11 2021, 19:27:59 »
ellick,
hi, finally I've found a typo in the code, would you please update to the dev build and try?

Offline ellick

« Reply #9 on: 17 11 2021, 15:19:29 »
ellick,
hi, finally I've found a typo in the code, would you please update to the dev build and try?

I used the miranda plugin updater to install the developers release.   Miranda NG shows me running v0.96.1 alpha build #24230 (aa3402bb65) x 64
It had no effect on this issue.   The same user logged on this morning and messaged me but he was showing offline.   The only work-around I've found is to right click on his name on the offline list and go to "details" on the menu.   As soon as I do that, he immediately pops online.   I've also tried deleting the user and re-adding him but it doesn't help.   It seems to only be ICQ doing it.  Most of my contacts have migrated to Facebook which has it's own problems (constant disconnecting) on Miranda.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #10 on: 17 11 2021, 15:56:08 »
The same user logged on this morning and messaged me but he was showing offline.
The problem is that there're no evidences of this fact in the network log

As soon as I do that, he immediately pops online. 
yes, it magically forces ICQ server to return correct online state... okay, thanks for the response
« Last Edit: 17 11 2021, 16:16:26 by ghazan »