Author Topic: Miranda crash when ICQ status switched to online  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Comos

Miranda crash when ICQ status switched to online
« on: 18 11 2023, 11:40:18 »
Hello,

I recently noticed, that after Miranda update to 0.96.4 build#26371 on my WinXP SP3 32bit if I start it up and want to change my ICQ status to online, Miranda crashes shortly.
The crash report stated:

Miranda Crash Report from 18 Nov 2023 11:01:00. Crash Dumper v.0.2.0.2

Likely cause of the crash plugin: ICQ-WIM protocol

Exception: Access Violation at address 1722C366. Writing to address 00000008.

Crashlog attached.Any idea what could be the cause?

Online dartraiden

Re: Miranda crash when ICQ status switched to online
« Reply #1 on: 18 11 2023, 12:19:29 »
filename not available
Do you have debug symbols installed? Craslog without symbols is useless.

Offline Comos

« Reply #2 on: 18 11 2023, 12:38:40 »
Do you have debug symbols installed? Craslog without symbols is useless.

no, but updated to stable version with symbols now.Here is the updated crashlog.

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 20 11 2023, 13:48:32 »
Comos,
I've committed a fix into the stable version, but I need a network log from you, ICQ + core, from the very beginning till the moment when ICQ logs in
Here you can read, how to create network logs: https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Network_log

The following users thanked this post: Comos

Offline Comos

« Reply #4 on: 21 11 2023, 18:19:58 »
Comos,
I've committed a fix into the stable version, but I need a network log from you, ICQ + core, from the very beginning till the moment when ICQ logs in
Here you can read, how to create network logs: https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Network_log

Ok, attached. Upon startup an update has pop up, so I have run the update and after restart switched ICQ to online and seemed to work, however when I set up the netlog, restart the Miranda and switched ICQ online it crashed again, so I have attached the crashlog aswell.When I checked the netlog and see errors related to SQLITE, could it be that the crash is related to some errors in the database?
When I check the database I got like 7876 errors all the time.Ticking checkboxes like Fix Server event ID, because the errors are more releated to "Orphaned event with wrong event ID" and "Orphaned setting ....with wrong contact ID" seems have no effect and the errors are still there whenever I check the database.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #5 on: 21 11 2023, 18:24:09 »
Comos,
sqlite error 11 means that a profile was corrupted (perhaps, because of the previous crashes)
you need to repair it by compacting, or better restore it, if you have a backup from Db_Autobackups

SQLITE error 11
Those lines should disappear from your network log before you can use Miranda without problems

Offline Comos

« Reply #6 on: 21 11 2023, 22:18:28 »
Comos,
sqlite error 11 means that a profile was corrupted (perhaps, because of the previous crashes)
you need to repair it by compacting, or better restore it, if you have a backup from Db_Autobackups

SQLITE error 11
Those lines should disappear from your network log before you can use Miranda without problems

When I look closer it looks like the ICQ profile is completely trashed.I can see my server groups, but there are no contacts on any of them.Strange that this is not even synchronized from the server.My oldest profile backup is just 3 days old and that one is already trashed, so no way to restore it from here.I had a backup from old Miranda, when I had a problem with corrupted profile, but that one probably I have deleted some years ago.The ICQ list I should be able to restore it from my saved contact list, that is not a big deal, however the profile Im not sure, I can see that the ICQ message history is simply corrupted,where all contacts are threated as like ICQ_1.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #7 on: 22 11 2023, 08:19:56 »
My oldest profile backup is just 3 days old and that one is already trashed, so no way to restore it from here.
Well, at least you can import the existing profile into a new one: create a new profile, and the Import wizard will be immediately launched. Chose "Import everything", it will gather all existing info.

Also, you can try to download any program like SQLITE Studio and revive the profile manually using it

The following users thanked this post: Comos

Offline Comos

« Reply #8 on: 22 11 2023, 20:02:41 »
Well, at least you can import the existing profile into a new one: create a new profile, and the Import wizard will be immediately launched. Chose "Import everything", it will gather all existing info.

Also, you can try to download any program like SQLITE Studio and revive the profile manually using it

Ok, done.Message history is however gone (only in my corrupted DB backup), but ICQ got reimported so I see all the contacts.No database errors anymore.Over web icq I can see some message history, but probably fetching that is not supported by the client? ICQ seem to work fine now, no more crashes, do you need the netlog now for more debug?