Author Topic: Miranda NG take too long to lunch after latest updates in past 2 or 3 days  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Kimoo

Miranda NG take too long to lunch after latest updates in past 2 or 3 days.
and i think it was do a memory lack , but in last update today it's better but it's still take long time to lunch , before updates and before 4 or 5 days was better
« Last Edit: 28 03 2021, 09:37:34 by Kimoo »

Offline Vulpix

You probably migrated to SQL database like most.

https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=6199.0

Slower startup times are expected; at the benefit or more safety of your data.

Offline Kimoo

You probably migrated to SQL database like most.

https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=6199.0

Slower startup times are expected; at the benefit or more safety of your data.

i read the post , and i not know what should i do now exactly ? i did a compact but still same , too slow at Miranda lunch , i dislike this
what i can do to make it fast again as past ???

Offline dartraiden

You can update Miranda to stable version, restore db from backup (rename /youprofilename/youprofilename.dat.bak -> /youprofilename/youprofilename.dat) and disable updates.

But 0.95.13 is the latest version with old database format support, so you will be forever stuck on it.
« Last Edit: 31 03 2021, 16:08:19 by dartraiden »

Offline Kimoo

You can update Miranda to stable version, restore db from backup (rename /youprofilename/youprofilename.dat.bak -> /youprofilename/youprofilename.dat) and disable updates.

But 0.95.13 is the latest version with old database format support, so you will be forever stuck on it.

oooo why that !!

if i used stable version i won't be able to get any new updates !!
so why that !

you did the new update why you know it will be slow , so why you did it ?

usually updates done for better preference , so why doing it if it make slow ?
i have now modern new fast computer , but Miranda after new updates last days is slow on startup

please find a fix for that , or let's choice between old and new use profile *.dat file

Offline AnrDaemon

Sometimes, "faster" is not necessarily better in other areas.
MDBX format was proved unstable over and over again.
Between years of data loss and slower startup times, stability is an obvious choice, even if that means slower startup times at first. But that is an area for improvements.

Offline Kimoo

Sometimes, "faster" is not necessarily better in other areas.
MDBX format was proved unstable over and over again.
Between years of data loss and slower startup times, stability is an obvious choice, even if that means slower startup times at first. But that is an area for improvements.

and better to give those power and time to fix facebook problems , i not use it from some months now

Offline AnrDaemon

Facebook issues are 1. tangential; 2. caused by a whole different approach to the protocol.

Offline Kimoo

Facebook issues are 1. tangential; 2. caused by a whole different approach to the protocol.

it caused by using fb via Miranda NG , facebook detect Miranda as a maleware , it dose not happened to me only it happened to others , you can look in fourm and in the Miranda NG fb page and see

may be the problem not cause the protocol it self , may be something wrong with connection or SSL or any requests that NG uses to connect and act with facebook . a small mistake can be detected as a maleware , you know facebook is sensitive about such stuff .

i think you need to put all your power and time to find the problem , and find a developer to help you fix it
please