Author Topic: New developers for Miranda NG  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Ali Savas

New developers for Miranda NG
« on: 24 05 2021, 16:18:53 »
Hi all,

as you may know, George Hazan is currently the only active developer for Miranda NG. Because of this, some existing or planned projects or plans make little to no progress. A project like Miranda NG deserves a lot more developers. I would like to help the project by looking for new developers, but I lack the experience here as well.

Therefore I have the following question:
  • Where and how is the best way to find volunteer developers? How should one proceed here?
  • What are the requirements for the developers?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Offline Kimoo

Re: New developers for Miranda NG
« Reply #1 on: 27 05 2021, 19:00:55 »
there's several sites for developers
https://dev.to is one of them

you can also look for other dev forums

there was a developer here in past called Robyer , he was the creature of FB plugin for Miranda and while he was the developer we not had problems with locking fb accounts , he retired from site several years ago , i not know if Miranda are able to call him to fix the Miranda problem , or at lest to figure out the real or the exact reason for Facebook problem

Offline yvesson

Re: New developers for Miranda NG
« Reply #2 on: 08 09 2021, 16:17:23 »
Hej,
Sadly developpers have gone away because their favorite protocol is dead or their contacts have left anyway for something else...
I love Miranda but well, can only use IRC, few people left there, ICQ still works but contacts are long gone...
I'm not a developper but surely if I was one, it'd be hard to find any motivation. The best days of IMing are behind us.

We need to make the people come back first, then we'll have developpers.

I tryed escargot MSN for a while, it's fun to use the old MSN clients and stuff, but if you want contacts, you randomly add people from their forums, and you have not much to say to them... :/