Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

(DB?) plugins not loaded via Wine

<< < (2/5) > >>

dartraiden:
If dbx_sqlite crashes under Wine, there is no way to start the Miranda...

so we have 3 problems
1) 32-bit db drivers cannot start under Wine
this is the lesser problem, since a 32-bit dbx_sqlite would also crash as 64-bit, and a 32-bit mdbx would not work

2) dbx_sqlite crashes under Wine
we hear about this problem for the first time

3) dbx_mdbx does not work under Wine, because some functions are missing in Wine code and we need to create some hacks...

I think that (3) will be fixed faster than others, but I don’t know anything about the timing, the main developer of Miranda is very busy in real life now

TheQL:
I actually don't think it's the sqlite driver that crashes under 64-Bit. It crashes regardless if it's there or not. I can try some more stuff and come back to you.

Any recommended settings, regarding Windows version? XP-64? Win7-64? Any other winetricks I need to run? Use the installer or just the 7z archive?

dartraiden:
XP 64 is piece of shit, so Win7 64.
Installer is not neccessary, use 7z (it's portable)

dartraiden:
Strange... I tested sqlite under Wine in late 2019
I try to find commit which broke it

TheQL:

--- Quote from: dartraiden on 11 04 2020, 22:05:18 ---XP 64 is piece of shit, so Win7 64.
Installer is not neccessary, use 7z (it's portable)

--- End quote ---

Ok, I will follow the guide once more with Win7 64. But with Winebottler it doesn't work, I know that already. Although XP 32-Bit works with the exact same settings, at least the profile manager starts. Not even that worked with any of my 64-bit tests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version