Author Topic: Skype keeps disconnecting  (Read 5553 times)

Offline SirNasso

Skype keeps disconnecting
« on: 25 03 2020, 09:15:09 »
My Skype keeps on disconnecting randomly,and doesn't reconnect automaticaly.Have to constantly go and change it to Online manualy.Tried disabling the auto away status change but nothing changed.So what can you advise me to do?Updated Miranda severel times via autoupdate,and iy's all the same.Currently I'm using 0.95.12 alpha build #22706.

Offline dartraiden

Re: Skype keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: 26 03 2020, 09:43:49 »
Status Manager plugin -> Status -> KeepStatus
it will reconnect

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #2 on: 26 03 2020, 19:45:53 »
Didn't have that plugin,installed it,restarted Miranda.....and nothing changed.The option you mentioned is checked,and it still disconnects and stays oflline.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #3 on: 27 03 2020, 00:05:48 »
KeepStatus works for me with these settings
We also pushed some SkypeWeb fix to development version. Please update your Miranda

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #4 on: 27 03 2020, 10:32:33 »
Well for now these settings seem to work.Only from time to time it brings the pop-up that Miranda shows when connecting.It's a bit annoying,and can't find how to disable it.Also updated Miranda,as you advised,but without these options enabled it still loses conection.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #5 on: 27 03 2020, 12:15:32 »
Popups -> KeepStatus -> Events

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #6 on: 27 03 2020, 12:34:57 »
Oh well turned out that is "Change online message" pop-up window that was bugging me.Also now Skype shows as online,but doesn't show any of the online users in the list.And I can write to the ones that are online,and they write me back.Just they are not shown in the contact list.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #7 on: 27 03 2020, 12:42:21 »
Naturally, if requests are interrupted by a timeout (which causes reconnection), then we cannot download contacts statuses...

This is a known problem, we are investigatin it.

The following users thanked this post: ablazhov

Offline eMTee2

« Reply #8 on: 27 03 2020, 17:15:29 »
Hello,
I have the same/similar issue since about 5-6 days except that for me SkypeWeb disconnects firmly after a couple of minutes (not randomly). The auto update downloaded a new SkypeWeb.dll today, no change.

Versions: https://pastebin.com/raw/bCi1m190
Network log from shortly after login to the disconnection: https://pastebin.com/raw/kd36q2rS

Any thoughts? Is this the same problem as the OP has?
Thanks.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #9 on: 27 03 2020, 17:35:54 »

The following users thanked this post: ablazhov, eMTee2

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #10 on: 28 03 2020, 22:31:04 »
Oh well....these last problems render Miranda NG as a skype client unusable.I guess untill it is fixed I'm back to the original skype app.....

Offline ablazhov

« Reply #11 on: 29 03 2020, 09:30:38 »
Oh well....these last problems render Miranda NG as a skype client unusable.I guess untill it is fixed I'm back to the original skype app.....

You could easily set Keep status plugin to reconnect after 1 second, not react on login errors and disable exponential delay.
This way Miranda will reconnect almost immediately and you will barely notice the disconnections.

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #12 on: 29 03 2020, 11:06:02 »
It's not only the disconnection anymore.Even it reocnnects it shows a blank on-line list,as if there is noone online.That started happening after I started using this plugin.Even if I disable it,it stays that way.Shows that I'm online but noone else.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #13 on: 29 03 2020, 13:40:50 »
Naturally, if requests are interrupted by a timeout (which causes reconnection), then we cannot download contacts statuses...

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #14 on: 29 03 2020, 15:53:39 »
I got that.Was explainig what I meant in the previous post.