Author Topic: [icq] History from servers  (Read 1971 times)

Offline pke

[icq] History from servers
« on: 22 03 2020, 22:27:26 »
I still have several (old) accounts that miranda regularly (between restarts) forgets about. They might be using web icq or the official client, or an outdated client, I dont know. However, when I use the official client, I can see those contacts (so they are on the server contact list) and I can see their full history. My miranda history for those contacts is empty.

Is there a plugin to fetch the live history from the ICQ servers?

Can't the history for server contacts saved locally anyway? After all, the contacts all have a unique UIN/email/phone identifier.

Offline dartraiden

Re: [icq] History from servers
« Reply #1 on: 23 03 2020, 07:29:18 »
I still have several (old) accounts that miranda regularly (between restarts) forgets about.
Try to add them (open message window and hit green "+")

when I use the official client, I can see those contacts (so they are on the server contact list)
Official client shows all recent conversations, regardless of whether they are in the server contact list. The official client interface does not allow to determine whether the contact is in the server list or not. You can only do this by looking at the netlog.
« Last Edit: 23 03 2020, 07:31:30 by dartraiden »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #2 on: 23 03 2020, 08:51:30 »
Is there a plugin to fetch the live history from the ICQ servers?
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/2277

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #3 on: 24 03 2020, 18:33:27 »
Added (dev versions) ability to load the whole history from server (from contact's menu).