Author Topic: Started Miranda 2 times, App frozen, now Database damaged  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Maverick

Hi,

Subject says it already.

Started Miranda 2 times, i dont know how it happend anyway. Miranda freezed/hang and i had to kill the Process through Taskmanager. When i try to restart it, the Exe crash immediately. (APPCRASH)

There are no issues with Plugins, its 100% the Databasefile. When i create a new Profile, its working - but without my Settings etc. of course. When i try to import it (Everything), a bit is imported and then Crash Dumper Reports the next Crash.

Thx in advance!

Offline ghazan

Re: Started Miranda 2 times, App frozen, now Database damaged
« Reply #1 on: 12 07 2018, 11:46:41 »
libmdbx that was included into 0.95.8.x has a certain problem that could result to a database damage.
right now I can advice to upgrade to the development version, or to use a db_autobackup plugin to have a fresh working copy of a profile

Offline Maverick

« Reply #2 on: 12 07 2018, 19:10:16 »
Great and why the hell do you release a broken File? There are People that want to keep their Database (Chat History). My Question still stands: How can i fix the Database?

It seem that just "yesterday" is broken. I can import Stuff from 10.07.18 without Crash, just 11.07.18 seem to be affected. I have a Backup File from 11.07.18, but just to 6pm, all after 6pm is in damaged File.

ICQ Chat with just 1 Person. I would be fine, if it possible to fix the Database, erase the entire History up to 10.07.18 and import import it to the backup. When i tried to import the damaged File, Miranda seemed to synchronize, because it erased some Contacts and their History.

I dont want to loose Parts of my History again, this happend already once when i switched from Miranda to NG, all of my MSN Contacts and History got erased/not imported and it seem, that there is no way of recovering/restoring/importing it.

The Irony on this Subject is, that i was about to make a Drive Backup, then i accidently started Miranda 2 times... lol. (Miranda and Backup Program Icons are together, Filemanager, Backup, Miranda, Thunderbird).
« Last Edit: 12 07 2018, 19:15:23 by Maverick »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 13 07 2018, 11:13:23 »
I would be fine, if it possible to fix the Database, erase the entire History up to 10.07.18 and import import it to the backup.
you can always import the whole file, Miranda will skip all duplicates automatically

I dont want to loose Parts of my History again
yes, that's why we've fixed the database driver. it's already available in the development version, the stable build will be updated later. right now you can use db_autobackups.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #4 on: 13 07 2018, 13:42:43 »
No success. It doesnt crash but Miranda imports, but not all :(
When i load the damaged File into a Hexeditor, i can see the missing Text. When i import the File, its not copied.

And i noticed from a older Backup, that my MSN Contacts and History are gone, but i cant import it. The MSN Contacts are skipped. When i update Miranda NG 0.95.6.18512 to the current Version, the Database has to be converted - and the MSN Contacts are skipped. I tried to use dbeditor++, but the Plugin doesnt work with the current Version and for the older one, i couldnt finde a compatible one.

Is there a Tool that can read the Database File? (sequential until Error)
« Last Edit: 13 07 2018, 13:49:04 by Maverick »

erthink

« Reply #5 on: 28 08 2019, 10:54:24 »
I am the main libmdbx developer.
Please see my comment in the relevant issue.