Author Topic: Add Facebook login via mobile number  (Read 3660 times)

Offline ellick

Add Facebook login via mobile number
« on: 22 08 2019, 15:19:14 »
Myy Facebook account was locked recently (possibly because of using Miranda) and a friend told me I didn't need an actual FB account to use it's messenger service.  I could just use a mobile phone number and create a password.   It works fine in the Messenger app from the Microsoft store and also works on Pidgin though Pidgin doesn't have the ability add new contacts.

Miranda can't log in with a phone number at all.  It has to be a valid FB web account with an email address.   So, I'd like to request they add this mobile number option for logging in.   I've used miranda for well over 10yrs but had to switch to pidgin because of this issue.

Thanks

Offline dartraiden

Re: Add Facebook login via mobile number
« Reply #1 on: 22 08 2019, 20:17:58 »
Miranda does not use Facebook API or Messenger API. Miranda just parse HTML website. We can implement login by phone, but Miranda will continue to parse the site => blocked by Facebook.

As I wrote, to support Messenger we need a developer who understands MQTT.
« Last Edit: 22 08 2019, 20:21:36 by dartraiden »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #2 on: 22 08 2019, 20:22:32 »
Maybe this will help...
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/commit/6c4788805f2df5b0953010d54c59a3ed71ea5031

development version with fix already uploaded to server

Offline ellick

« Reply #3 on: 23 08 2019, 21:26:39 »
Does that work if I just update the plugins to the newest beta release?   I tried that and facebook.dll was updated but when I try to login with a phone number, miranda gives an error of "That account only works on messenger"

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #4 on: 23 08 2019, 21:56:59 »
This fix is against account blocking

Offline ellick

« Reply #5 on: 25 08 2019, 14:10:05 »
ok, thanks.  It's too late for me anyway.  Facebook won't give me back the account without uploading two official picture ID's and a utility bill.  lol   I told them to get stuffed.    I'm just glad I didn't use it much.

Hopefully miranda will add the ability to log in with a mobile number but time moves on.  I'll have to get used to pidgin instead.