Author Topic: Steam Plugin  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Maverick

Steam Plugin
« on: 13 08 2019, 23:21:25 »
Hi,

the Plugin shows, since i use it, Offline Contacts as online. Can be usually fixed by reconnecting.

And the Plugin sometimes shows Online Contacts as Offline. Can be fixed by reconnecting.

Sometimes, when i want to send a Message to a Contact that is "online", i get the Error Message that im not online and that i can try again. Can be fixed by reconnecting.

And it would be a good thing, that the Plugin shows, if a Contact is playing a Game, which. Pidgin can do that.
« Last Edit: 13 08 2019, 23:41:35 by Maverick »

Offline dartraiden

Re: Steam Plugin
« Reply #1 on: 14 08 2019, 16:56:36 »
Developers have no friends in Steam (Steam asks to pay an amount of 5 dollars) so there’s nothing to debug
We need netlog

Offline Maverick

« Reply #2 on: 27 08 2019, 11:44:10 »
How do you want to develop a proper Plugin if you are not able to test it properly????

Offline ghazan

« Reply #3 on: 27 08 2019, 15:48:17 »
Maverick,
if nothing else helps, finally read the manual ©

Offline Maverick

« Reply #4 on: 08 09 2019, 20:19:50 »
 :PUNISH:

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #5 on: 09 09 2019, 07:53:42 »
I have been helping with some troubleshooting for STEAM earlier but we do not have an active dev for it right now. Most of the recent steam work was done by Unsane, and previously almost all of it was done by Robyer. Robyer has quit the project and Unsane is not coding at the moment so...

please provide a netlog with the issue, without it there is nothing we can do.

We know the issues you are describing but since the plugin eventually always ends up working somehow, they're probably not high priority. I suppose primarily because none of the active devs use the protocol for chatting.

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden