Author Topic: [icq] History not saved  (Read 3226 times)

Offline pke

[icq] History not saved
« on: 11 08 2019, 19:01:57 »
The icq plugin seems to forget most of the "permanently added" contacts on next restart. And with them it also lost the (local) chat history.
Thats very annoying. Is there any kind of log I can provide to triage this bug?

Online dartraiden

Re: [icq] History not saved
« Reply #1 on: 13 08 2019, 07:45:33 »
Why do some contacts in the contact list become faint when I first log in with a new protocol?

These contacts were previously stored locally in Miranda. For some reason, you never added them to the server contact list. Miranda marks such contacts as NotOnList and puts them to the bottom of the contact list. They will be erased after restart, which may lead to the loss of history. You must immediately add them to the permanent list (item in the contact's context menu or open the conversation window and press the green "plus sign").
https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=5623.0

Double-check that the contacts are really "permanently added". You should add them to the permanent list (item in the contact's context menu or open the conversation window and press the green "plus sign"). If the contact is not added permanently, then it does not save on the server-side and will be erased.

Offline pke

« Reply #2 on: 13 08 2019, 08:01:13 »
I double checked that multiple times now over the last few weeks. It does not matter if I add them via context menu or in the message conversation window. They are not saved to the server.

Online dartraiden

Re:[icq] History not saved
« Reply #3 on: 14 08 2019, 19:41:42 »
Can you please provide netlog?

Enable network logging then try to add contact permanently. Restart Miranda and send netlog to us. Thus, we will see how Miranda communicates with the server when you add a contact and how Miranda does not find contact on the server at startup.

Offline pke

« Reply #4 on: 16 08 2019, 14:23:22 »
How can I properly anonymise the data when icq starts up? There seems to be a lot of private information in there.
For the "add permantly to the list" operation I have a logfile anon'ed with "SOURCE" being the UIN and "CONTACT" the one that has been added.
Please find it attached

Offline ghazan

« Reply #5 on: 16 08 2019, 16:22:08 »
pke,
network log says that the contact was successfully added.
you should see him in your contact list during next login

Offline pke

« Reply #6 on: 27 01 2020, 11:06:51 »
Sorry for coming back to this old issue but history keeps getting lost for me. Old contacts disappear and history of chats is rarely saved.
I know its a rarely used protocol these days but no-one else experiencing these kind of problems?

Also just for the fun of it, I tried to login using the official ICQ client but it does not seem to support logins using a TOR proxy :(

Online dartraiden

« Reply #7 on: 27 01 2020, 14:50:16 »
Contacts that have not used accounts for more than a year are deleted from the server (they can never use their UINs again, their accounts are removed completely... this is controlled by the server)
Old versions of Miranda deleted them too from local roster, seeing the absence on the server.

You should upgrade to the latest available version using the PluginUpdater. The current version of Miranda does not delete such contacts.
« Last Edit: 27 01 2020, 14:54:20 by dartraiden »

Offline pke

« Reply #8 on: 28 01 2020, 13:36:10 »
Something is off: "Buddy Addition failed" I am getting when re-adding an old contact, that I chatted with recently but whose history and contact in my list has gone missing.

Online dartraiden

« Reply #9 on: 29 01 2020, 00:05:16 »
"Buddy Addition failed" = contact was added locally, server cannot add such contacts because they are removed from the ICQ system.

but whose history and contact in my list has gone missing.
restore from the database backup if it exists
if not, say thanks to Mail.ru Group (the ICQ owner) for the fact that it began to delete inactive accounts from system...
for our part, we did everything we could - added a fix so that Miranda would not erase contacts from now on
« Last Edit: 29 01 2020, 00:08:53 by dartraiden »

The following users thanked this post: pke