Author Topic: Miranda wouldn't run  (Read 3225 times)

Offline ladyzaba

Miranda wouldn't run
« on: 21 07 2019, 19:11:58 »
I just came back from my holiday (after some week or so not using Miranda), updated Miranda and from this time it wouldn't run anymore :-(. If I try to run it, the computer seems to do “something” just for a second or two and nothing happens. If I have Task Manager running at the same time, I can't notice Miranda even appearing there.

Offline Vulpix

Re: Miranda wouldn't run
« Reply #1 on: 22 07 2019, 05:15:13 »
Make a backup of your miranda folder as it is right now, and then go into the \Miranda NG\Plugin Updates\Backups\ folder and copy out the old DLLs and core binaries into your main folder (overwriting the existing ones), and try to launch miranda again. If it launches, use version info to see what plugins you have and post it here. Maybe one of them is broken in the latest version.

My miranda is the latest version and it's working so hopefully we can narrow it down.

Offline ladyzaba

Re:Miranda wouldn't run
« Reply #2 on: 22 07 2019, 12:24:27 »
Thank you very much for the advice. I'll try later (it seems a little bit tricky to me and I'm pretty overhelmed with other work now) and I'll let you know.
Thanks a lot

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #3 on: 04 08 2019, 14:55:40 »
Make a backup of your miranda folder as it is right now, and then go into the \Miranda NG\Plugin Updates\Backups\ folder and copy out the old DLLs and core binaries into your main folder (overwriting the existing ones), and try to launch miranda again. If it launches, use version info to see what plugins you have and post it here. Maybe one of them is broken in the latest version.

My miranda is the latest version and it's working so hopefully we can narrow it down.

I've tried only now, but nothing happens, just like before :-(. I've tried to copy other files from \Miranda NG\Plugin Updates\Backups\ folder, too, but it makes no difference :-(.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #4 on: 04 08 2019, 16:44:00 »
1. if you have a working backup of your profile (in Autobackups subfolder of your profile), simply place it instead of your old profile

2. if you don't have a backup, copy your .dat file inside a profile and launch fixme.bat from Miranda root folder, it might help if your profile is partially broken

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #5 on: 04 08 2019, 17:25:50 »
I have backup, replaced, nothing happend :-(.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #6 on: 05 08 2019, 09:19:38 »
Maybe profile is in good condition, but problem with Miranda itself...

Try to start fresh Miranda (unpack 7-zip archive to Desktop) and create a new profile. If it does not start, then the problem is definitely not in the profile (and this is good)

Offline ghazan

« Reply #7 on: 05 08 2019, 09:25:41 »
I have backup, replaced, nothing happend :-(.
then try to use previous backup

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #8 on: 30 10 2019, 22:53:51 »
copy your .dat file inside a profile and launch fixme.bat from Miranda root folder, it might help if your profile is partially broken
Hello, I'm sorry I've tried it only now, after all this time... and it helped! Thank you very much. It seems I have some other problem with my contacts now, but Miranda works in geral, what's really great after these months without it!