Author Topic: Facebook users no longer show online v. 0.95.10.2 build # 21708  (Read 2722 times)

Offline ellick

Just noticing this today.  I got a new update and installed it and now no facebook users show online.  I can still talk to them if they message me first but I can't see anybody.  Facebook itself shows online.

Is this the build or some setting I need to change?

Offline ellick

nevermind.  It appears to be another facebook connection issue, not related to NG.

Offline newsjunkie247

I've been experiencing a problem like since late on June 6. It only is showing some people online and not showing others (I think those using mobile versions....) and is no longer properly recognizing people who are away.

Offline Sonny

Same problem here

Offline ellick

Yes, I'm backtracking again.  It is still a problem.   I can talk to people who are on facebook but I often can't see them as "online"   If I go to the facebook web page they show up.

Offline ellick

Thank you, dartraiden.  So sounds like this is a known issue and people are working on it.  I guess we just wait and hope they can find a solution.

Offline dartraiden

Something has changed on Facebook side, @ghazan is trying to find a solution

Offline dartraiden

Seems like Miranda's protocol will be completely rewritten from scratch in the near future, since Facebook has stopped supporting the old API.

Offline ellick

Pidgin works with whatever changes they made to Facebook.  I don't care for FB but since most of my contacts are on it now, I'll just use that till Miranda NG fixes the problem. 

Pidgin is ok but I'm set in my ways and been using Miranda for too many years.   Miranda NG is set to auto update so will just run it now and then and wait for it to fix itself.  :)

Offline dartraiden

Pidgin already uses a new protocol which must be implemented in Miranda
We made a temporary fix for the status problem, so now we can write a new protocol without haste

The following users thanked this post: ellick