Author Topic: miranda 0.10.24 ANSi but it gives an error: "Unable to connect to the server. E  (Read 9485 times)

Offline kiza123

I do not understand the program miranda still works? I tried to run on my computer miranda 0.10.24 ANSi, but it gives an error: "Unable to connect to the server. Error 1460". And on your site it is impossible to download any new version, offers only some old 0.95.  Or did you change the version numbering?

Offline Vulpix

0.95 is new, Miranda "NG". Miranda 0.10 is miranda "IM", a long-dead project. Check out the project page with downloads: https://www.miranda-ng.org/en/downloads/

Make a backup and update to Miranda NG! :)

Offline kiza123

Yes, I have miranda "IM". She's not gonna work now, is she? Do you have new versions in ANSI variant to work in Windows 9X (Millennium)?
« Last Edit: 11 01 2019, 06:47:19 by kiza123 »

Offline Vulpix

Miranda NG still actually works in Windows XP by default, just make sure to not use the 64bit version. It's interesting but a significant portion of the users here seem to be using Windows XP.

Offline kiza123

I just have a computer that has Windows 9x (Millennium) installed, and I've always used Miranda 0.10.24 ANSI on it before. Then I didn't use Miranda for a while. And now for some reason it can not connect to the server. I.e. it's not enough that the program worked in Windows XP, I need to make it work in  Windows 9x (Millennium).

Offline dartraiden

Sorry, Miranda NG cannot work under 9x and Miranda IM cannot connect to ICQ any more. Miranda NG and Miranda IM are different software developed by different peoples We are not related to Miranda IM development, so please contact with Miranda IM developer.
https://sourceforge.net/p/miranda/tickets/1768/

Offline kiza123

I haven't used the Miranda program for a long time - I have Miranda IM version 0.10.24 ANSI. Can Miranda NG be installed in the same folder where I have Miranda IM installed? Will Miranda NG work correctly in this case and will it be able to use the settings of the Miranda IM program? That is, so that I don't have to re-configure it. I want to use Miranda program to communicate via icq protocol.

Offline kiza123

That is, even the history of my correspondence with other people will be preserved?
And I also noticed that on the download page https://www.miranda-ng.org/en/downloads/ in the "Upgrade from Miranda IM" section, when you click on the "IM Updater 32-bit" link, the PluginUpdater.zip file is downloaded. Is this exactly what I need to upgrade from Miranda Im to Miranda NG? Or is it not downloading the file I want? Then fix it on your website.
« Last Edit: 04 11 2020, 08:50:08 by kiza123 »

Offline kiza123

When I unpacked the archive into the folder with the installed Miranda IM program, do I need to run the pu_stub.exe file? I tried to run it pu_stub.exe, but nothing happens, i.e. it won't start. I have Windows XP SP3.

Offline dartraiden

That is, even the history of my correspondence with other people will be preserved?
Yes. But it is recommended to make a backup copy of the profile
« Last Edit: 06 11 2020, 13:14:46 by dartraiden »

Offline dartraiden

When I unpacked the archive into the folder with the installed Miranda IM program, do I need to run the pu_stub.exe file
Download IM Updater plugin, unpack the whole archive into your Miranda IM program folder and then run or restart the program.
Launch Miranda (not pu_stub) and perform update (you will see a popup windows "Updates found").
« Last Edit: 06 11 2020, 13:13:57 by dartraiden »

Offline kiza123

Should PluginUpdater.dll be placed in the same folder as pu_stub.exe (where miranda32.exe is), or should it be placed in the Plugins folder?

Offline dartraiden

Just extract archive content into Miranda folder, so dll will be placed into Plugins.

Offline kiza123

And I did so, but when I started the program Miranda received the message: "An error occurred while checking for new updates."
The installed firewall may be interfering.
is pu_stub.exe trying to download updates from the internet? Then it is clear that he will not succeed.
Is it possible to download the new version of Miranda from your website manually, and then install it on my computer by running the downloaded file manually?
The only thing I want is for all the settings of the Miranda program and old correspondence (contacts) to be preserved.